BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm fitting new plugs to my B10. Alpina list bosch W6DP0 as the correct plug. I've removed bosch W5DP0 - I wonder what difference these plugs are? hot or colder running I expect.

My question is, is there a more modern plug that's suitable that people have run? I've always liked NGKs but if the standard listed bosch plug is best then i'm happy to buy these. Says they are platinum tipped!

thanks all

·
2,173 Posts
Bosch uses higher numbers for hotter plugs.
NGK uses higher numbers for colder plugs.

You had a colder than stock plug in there. Can't help with what would be a good replacement.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've conctacted Alpina and they have said its a specil plug!! And given me the part number for it so I shall find out a price

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've always used the correct Bosch plug and it's always run perfectly - driven hard or in traffic. Expensive £20 each or a bit more from memory but worth it in my opinion as they last a very long time.

How's the build coming along?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave the bosch plug is no longer made. I Spoke to a place who'd recommend NGK BP6EIX as comparable. Car is home now and it starts and runs and moves. I'm just going through the engine at the minute to get it running 100% spot on. MAF is off for inspection/refurb injectors also. Just on the long trip to getting it into a condition for an MOT

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hi Dave the bosch plug is no longer made. I Spoke to a place who'd recommend NGK BP6EIX as comparable. Car is home now and it starts and runs and moves. I'm just going through the engine at the minute to get it running 100% spot on. MAF is off for inspection/refurb injectors also. Just on the long trip to getting it into a condition for an MOT
Stick at it - it's the car I wish Alpina had made themselves, it's perfect as a touring.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting there, its in a million bits trying to get it ready for an MOT. Turbos are off being rebuilt. Calipers being rebuilt and brake system. Gearbox is off and this is proving at the minute to be the headache. As always zero information out there about Getrag 290s mine needs help!

·
Registered
708 Posts
What's wrong with the box? I found that after long periods of being parked up I had a weak detent spring that would occasionally see it jump out of 4th when cold but after using it for a few days the problem would go away.

Can't believe there is anything fundamentally special about the 290 except it's incredible strength?

Each time I read your posts I end up getting jealous at how easily things must come apart now - my turbos are probably welded to the manifolds by now!

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! I need to do an update as things are progressing nicely but photobucket is being a pile of **** and I can't every access my pictures at the minute along with everyone else it seems. I need to use another hosting site I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts