BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good question. I'm asking my dealer to clarify this too. Obviously the VMax tyres are not run flat, so I'm hoping that there's a space saver spare and not a can of puncture foam.

·
Registered
82 Posts
JORN OLIVER KNU said:
Can some body tell me if the e60 comes with spare tire, because when I purchase mine on the invoice said spare tire.
This is a M5 Thread/Forum!

And no, the M5 has no spare tire, but the BMW mobility system

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sydl said:
Good question. I'm asking my dealer to clarify this too. Obviously the VMax tyres are not run flat, so I'm hoping that there's a space saver spare and not a can of puncture foam.

I,m glad that some body else has the same question, I think I,ll have answer at the end of next week, when my dealer send me the final confirmation(my new e60 is schecule for the first week of march-05. If you find something please let me know, if not I,ll tell you later.

REGARDS

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
The regular E60s NOT M5 comes with a spare... no full size either.

·
Registered
321 Posts
EBMCS03 said:
The regular E60s NOT M5 comes with a spare... no full size either.
Can you please be more specific? You mean a space-saver spare? What do you mean by "no full size either"?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Ya the spare tire on the 525 530 545 is a space-saver wheel and tire not a full size spare tire.

The M5 does not come with spare tire at all since the exhaust takes up all the room under the trunk.

·
Registered
321 Posts
EBMCS03 said:
The M5 does not come with spare tire at all since the exhaust takes up all the room under the trunk.
It'll be interesting how they solve that in Australia. My understanding is that it will not pass "roadyworthy" regulations if it does not have a spare (or a can of goop). Does anyone know what the M3 CSL has?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
sydl said:
It'll be interesting how they solve that in Australia. My understanding is that it will not pass "roadyworthy" regulations if it does not have a spare (or a can of goop). Does anyone know what the M3 CSL has?
They'll give you a can of goop... its call the BMW mobility system. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do any of the other 5 series have Run-Flat tyres as OEM? Maybe I'll get a full size spare and put a run flat on it

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
All the sports packages here come with Run flats and a space saver spare 525 530 and 545

·
Registered
540 Posts
sydl said:
The E39 M5, E46 M3 and M3 CSL dont have spares, they all have a can of goo

·
Registered
540 Posts
vndkshn said:
Funny that the E60 (non-M of course) that come with the runflats also have a spare. However, while not full size, it doesn't look like a donut space saver.
The spare is a option, but standard in a number of countries like here

You are crrect it is not as tiny as what you get in say a golf, but it is still much smaller than the normal wheel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SuperBMW said:
The spare is a option, but standard in a number of countries like here

You are crrect it is not as tiny as what you get in say a golf, but it is still much smaller than the normal wheel
I want to correct when I said e60, I mean m5-2006, on the order sheet I saw that it comes with a spare.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
JORN OLIVER KNU said:
I want to correct when I said e60, I mean m5-2006, on the order sheet I saw that it comes with a spare.
Interesting... tell me... where are they going to put the spare? Backseat? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EBMCS03 said:
Interesting... tell me... where are they going to put the spare? Backseat? :D
Thanks for the foto, but any way it can be a very tyny spare located in the very center (black plastic, shown on your foto). Any way I,ll contact my dealer and let you know later.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Hahah there?? I dont think the brakes will fit in there... Thats where the rear air diffuser is, at least part of... I think the dealer just made a mistaked and listed the spare...

1 - 20 of 94 Posts