BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, there is no spare in the car. The question is could you purchase a spare for a regular 5 series and store it in the space provided in the trunk? Is there something else there in the M5? I do not get my car till next week, hence the question.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
First, regular 5 series spare won't fit because of that 345mm brake disc(unless it's 18 inch or M5 winter 17 inch).
Second, there's no space for spare under the trunk floor because of huge battery and dual exhaust. With a spare in the trunk, you'll lose considerable space for luggage(I know, 'cause I carry one).

This topic has been discussed here a couple of times. Track down a little bit and you'll find.

·
Registered
18 Posts
First, regular 5 series spare won't fit because of that 345mm brake disc(unless it's 18 inch or M5 winter 17 inch).
Second, there's no space for spare under the trunk floor because of huge battery and dual exhaust. With a spare in the trunk, you'll lose considerable space for luggage(I know, 'cause I carry one).

This topic has been discussed here a couple of times. Track down a little bit and you'll find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts