BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kimble from www.kimble.org have spammed all members grrrrrrr I'm very sorry about that and since he has a history of being a world-class (Nasa, Pentagon etc) hacker I frankly don't know how to prevent it from happenning next time. All I can say is "Im sorry" and we'll try to get Kimble to understand this is not the way to get customers.

Apparrently he have spammed million of members on other forums as well. :nono:

More info:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47545

Kimble here is you chance of saying "Excuse me" and promise it will never happen again on m5board.com.

·
Registered
703 Posts
vndkshn said:
Doesn't that violate the terms of membership? I think you should ban him.
yes, absolutely!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
saw some of his pictures, what can be said...

NEXT!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Who the hell is Kimble?? I have never heard of him. His way of drawing attention to a 30,000 entry fee rally is beyond me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In order to avoid future spamming one could set the Default Thread Subscription Mode to No Email Notification. I did not receive Kimble's email because of that (I believe). Gustav, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Kimble possesses some serious computer skills!
:eek:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But your PM inbox will eb spammed anyway :sad1: But we have made an agreement and will nto spam M5board.com again.

Tomaso said:
In order to avoid future spamming one could set the Default Thread Subscription Mode to No Email Notification. I did not receive Kimble's email because of that (I believe). Gustav, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Kimble possesses some serious computer skills!
:eek:

·
Registered
368 Posts
To be honest i wasn't bothered at all.. though i'm sure some will be.

Let's be honest .. all these chat/forum pages use very very similar programming language/security measures.. you crack one you crack them all.. (php for example accounts for about 90% of the forums i use.. !)

beyond my ken/abilities..but not beyond his clearly .. !! :cheers:

Cheers
DMC

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think Kimble just thought the enthusiasts of this forum would like to know about the rally. But he couldn't just sign and post it. He had to do it his own way. It's a minor thing, it's not like he sent a 5MB e-mail that filled up your e-mail box. I'm sure if he wanted to do serious harm, he would have...

It's his "style", some will like it, some don't... but i've got to say, flying in a replacement because the AMG wheel didn't LOOK good :eek: This guy has seriously excess of money... And that is rarelly a nice thing ;).

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kimble called me and he promised that he would never do this to m5board.com again as well as apologized. I myself would not think it would be a problem to receive that kind of spam once, but I have a responsibility towards my members not to deliver spam, which I stand by.

He also told me he would not distribute this software either. So case closed.

·
Registered
955 Posts
although i didn't find this spam annoying in particular.

but Gustav, i really appreciate your effort in making this forum a better community!! M5board is by far the BEST board i've ever came accross, hands down. :thumbsup:

thanks.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
tifosi said:
although i didn't find this spam annoying in particular.

but Gustav, i really appreciate your effort in making this forum a better community!! M5board is by far the BEST board i've ever came accross, hands down. :thumbsup:

thanks.
Well said. :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Thanks Gustav. I was very surprised to see the pm in my inbox as well. I did not really mind too much, but once again thanks for stepping in and looking out for the future of the board. This is truely the best board on the net!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It definately wasn't the right way for him to handle it. I think he would have gotten a much better response had he handled things differently. Get permisssion to post a thread about the event and I am sure that the response would have been more positive.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
tifosi said:

thanks.

Agree 110%.

I did not get any PM about this, but IMO this board would benefit greatly by removing everything that has to do with Kimble`s madness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow... been a lurker for years... and I never would've expected a PM.

First of all, I would like to comment on a few things.

1. The term hacker had been abused... thanks to the media. Actually originally hacker != bad guys. In fact hackers are a bunch of people who enjoys exploit things and discover neat tricks.

2. IMHO, this is SAPM, even if it was not delivered via e-mail (some of your got PM notification, but that's something else).

3. If I might be blunt, I wonder if kimble actually wrote the code himself. I won't judge, but there are a lot discussions with regards to this person, just google for them yourself.

The point I am trying to make is that...

If kimble actually implemented the attack/hack yourself... Then I actually got some respect for this dude. While it is still a shame that one would go so low to get his message acrossed.

If kimble actually PAID some sapmmer to do it, or hired some mercs. Then this would be the low of the low. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Erik said:
Agree 110%.

I did not get any PM about this, but IMO this board would benefit greatly by removing everything that has to do with Kimble`s madness.
enough about Kimble.
rather, i think the board will benefit even greater if Gustav can manage to get a test drive on the new M5!! :flag:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts