BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow m6'ers, just wanted to know if those running with spacers have locking nuts on their cars? where did you get them from and what size are they?

Also i'm about to get 12mm h&r spacers all around with h&r springs on stock rims... has anyone got this setup? any issues with rubbing? seen a few threads of cars with 10mm in the front and 12mm on the back, not sure if there is any reason for this though??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It depends on what size spacers. Once you decide what size spacers, then that will depend on what size wheel bolts and locking bolts you will need. Whatever vendor you buy from will be able to tell you what length bolts/ locks you need. Stock bolts will not be long enough with 12mm spacers.

I have 15mm spacers on the rear of mine...no issues

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I run 10mm front , 12mm rear with H&Rs there's No problem at All and the beast look Nice .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes your car is one beast, love the boot lid.. congrats. just seen you have CA remap, how you finding it? would you recommend

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
yes your car is one beast, love the boot lid.. congrats. just seen you have CA remap, how you finding it? would you recommend
Thank you sir , CA automotive remap is awesome and since i installed it ( feb 2010 ) i don't have problems at all besides the beast is running smooth and you feel the difference indeed . and yes i recommend it :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
hey fellow m6'ers, just wanted to know if those running with spacers have locking nuts on their cars? where did you get them from and what size are they?

Also i'm about to get 12mm h&r spacers all around with h&r springs on stock rims... has anyone got this setup? any issues with rubbing? seen a few threads of cars with 10mm in the front and 12mm on the back, not sure if there is any reason for this though??

Cheers

My guess on the extended bolts would be 36mm. Whatever the stock bolts measure out to you need to add the thinckness of whatever spacer you are going with to get the correct length bolts. You can order extended bolts and locking botls from Phil at www.RADUSADirect.com

FYI, here's a link to a DIY to find out what size spacer you can run with:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512527&highlight=spacer

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts