BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been reading several spacer archives in hopes of educating myself for my next mod. My observation is that several members have installed spacers that are different in width front vs. rear. I believe the reason for this is the desire to fill as much "gap" as possible. The question I have is: does this not upset the factory geometry and lead to potential handling issues? I would think you would want to keep the front and rear offsets equivalent. Am I over thinking this?

I certainly have been enjoying this site! Great information and awesome rides!

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same thought..but I am sure few mms either way would not make a big diff... but I am going with 15mm all corners.. unless i hear any negative feedback on my post. My car is stock and suspension/wheels will stock, so I am learning that is the max you can go safely.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/167908-spacers-stock-m5-15mm-all-around-ok.html

I think the staggered setup is needed when you lower the car as the rear of the car sit lower to begin with and there less gap in the rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts