BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

As you know I refurb tons of E39 lights. Most recently did a run of about 15 pairs and I have 3 remaining lens pairs left.

With this whole corona thing, I'm about to drop light work soon (That and due to grad school starting).

So I have 2 good pairs and 1 with a small blemish that I am willing to sell / install for southern CA locals ONLY.
I am not taking any to/from shipping conversions. Not looking to deal with that liability.

In short, you get the same look and style as my normal conversions.

-New DJ Auto Lenses
-New Plastic Adjusters (I WILL NOT install aluminum ones)
-New butyl sealant
-Cleaned housings (No Projector upgrades! sorry).
-24 hr turnaround. The butyl MUST semi cure and have its excess removed.
-Lights must be left with me for a whole day
-Light MUST be bakeable. NO Un-Bakeable lights. (Production date May-2002 and BELOW)
-Lights MUST be xenon

Your light production date can be found here:

Why no 2003+ lights?
-Even with how good I am, these can still break in the refurb process. Not fun trying to explain that.

Price is $340 for all the Parts/Labor.

PM me if interested :)

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 03, looking for a new clean clear set.
I Would recommend one of my pre-done pairs. I'm not doing any 03's at this time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Couple questions on the e39 lights available. So $340 if I bring you my 2001 light assembly, do you have outright for sale to be installed at a later date?
Also not wanting to break anything taking the light assembly out, would you be able to do the entire job ie just bring you the car and if so how much extra for the labor etc.

Finally, are the reliability compares to the original xenon light? Mine is original with outer lens polished once three years ago, no other issues, thanks!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Yes the price is for the light to be brought to me.

I do have a pair pre-done ready for install, but that is a totally different pricing structure. Click Here

No, I specifically need the lights only as the new butyl at a minimum needs to set overnight and have it's excess removed the next day. (Butyl has a 7 day full cure) and it is VERY tacky during the 1st 24hrs.

Not sure how to address reliability, it's just a lens swap. As with all my other swaps, care, and maintenance is a big role and best to that is to install a clear bra.

At the moment 2 pairs are already pending and my slightly blemished pair is all I will expect to have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts