1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

My M5 broke down about two weeks back.

https://youtu.be/l68ei55DU2I

I am hoping anyone in the Los Angeles / San Bernardino / Inland Empire area can recommend a good shop to bring it to. My friend suggested that I bring it to the dealer, but a lot of you in this forum suggest that I should try to find a good indy shop instead. The mechanic that I normally go to for my basic maintenance and fixing works on German cars in general. But he is not an M expert and for my issue, I think I want someone that has been around the block. Triple A premier membership gives me a 200 hundred mile tow and three 100 mile tows so I suppose I can travel a little beyond my area (where the 57 and 60 meet) if there's nothing within the 50 mile radius.

I've been putting this off because I'm scared of what the prognosis is going to be. But I need to be brave! Thank you in advance for your great recommendations!

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
OMS: Oceanside Motorsports in Oceanside, they guarantee their work with a lifetime warranty. The link is in my signature. Well worth the extra distance. I've been using them for my e28, e39, and e60 m5s. One of their guys bought my e39m5 at 180,000 miles, because they knew all the history and their own lifetime guarantee.

If things go wrong: They replaced all four axel shafts in our a3 Quattro, as preventative maintenance awhile ago. One of the new OEM front shafts failed, backed out, and broke the transmission. Long story short, they covered everything: new axel shaft AND transmission PLUS a rental.

Let them know Woody sent you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kais at Southbay Autohaus is one of the best in LA. Owns his own shop, great work at a fair price. He was the first in US to build the Gpower twin SC on the e60 platform.

Deals with M's, bimmers and high end exotics.

Tell him Jim sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts