BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
No how does that work out. Does an M5 fit in?

Yup, E39 M5's are fairly rare around here. From the Facebook page it looks like there are plenty of more standard cars there 5.0 mustangs and Vettes, so I think an M5 would be fine there too....

Just make sure its nice and clean...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Anything goes, from Miatas to Lambos

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm going to go to coffee and cars pretty soon. Drove by there today on our way to Boone Hall for a hay ride and pumpkin picking. I think my daughter would like the cars. She loves the exhaust...wife not so much!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm in...

Cars n' Coffee on Saturday mornings in Mt. Pleasant Towne Center is a good meet up spot. I'll be out of town this weekend, but should be able to swing it next... They post the photos on a flickr album every week, hardly ever any E39 M5's there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been to cars and coffe a few times. I invited another guy with a carbon black e39. Nice car. There's a few of us around. I try to go when I can but two little ones usually come first.

·
Registered
109 Posts
In Charleston (John's Island) myself. Recently picked up a "project" and am working through it. Having had an E39 540i pretty familiar with the chassis and looking forward to getting it in top shape.

Would love to meet up. Anybody do their own wrenching around here?

·
Registered
109 Posts
A bit of a long shot but does anyone have a code reader in Charleston? Need to get one ordered but would like to see if I cleared my VANOS problems. I pay handsomely in beer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mt. Pleasant here.....Jet Black 2002.....owned for a couple years now, finally signed up on the board.
Lowcountry M5....I think I may have spoken to you at a stoplight on 17 in MtP a couple years ago, I was in my truck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry to butt in on your guys' thread BUT any of you guys/gals see this car in person before? http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/551081-2002-dinan-s2-m5-titanium-silver-86k.html

I've been looking for a silver S2 for a while and was hoping a local beast owner might be able to help me vet it out before I fly + drive. Pizza + Beer money in it for anyone who can help.

ALSO - any of your favorite mechanic recommendations would be welcomed as well as I will be getting a PPI.

Thank you all

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry to butt in on your guys' thread BUT any of you guys/gals see this car in person before? http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/551081-2002-dinan-s2-m5-titanium-silver-86k.html

I've been looking for a silver S2 for a while and was hoping a local beast owner might be able to help me vet it out before I fly + drive. Pizza + Beer money in it for anyone who can help.

ALSO - any of your favorite mechanic recommendations would be welcomed as well as I will be getting a PPI.

Thank you all

I wouldn't exactly call that car local to Charleston, as Charlotte is over 3 hour drive away... But no, I have never see it around the lowcountry.

There are 2 great shops in the Charleston area, European Road and Racing and Ultimate Autowerks. I had ERR do my PPI 8 years ago and they are also an authorized Dinan retailer/installer. But those shops are a 3 hour + drive from Charlotte...

Maybe the owner will be cool and let you take it on a 7 hour round trip test drive..... j/k

Best of luck to ya (I've always wanted an S2),

Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all! I've had my Beast in the Mt. P area on an off for about 3 years now but I'm itching to connect with some other BMW-heads. I've got a silver 2002 e39 M5 with a matte black front grille and a black (subtle!) rear valence. I live off Rifle Range Rd and I frequently cruise past the house on Venning with the driveway full of go-fast toys and giddily blip my throttle as I go by. I also have a M30-swapped 87' 325i that I "rescued" about 8 years ago now.

-Erik

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello all! I've had my Beast in the Mt. P area on an off for about 3 years now but I'm itching to connect with some other BMW-heads. I've got a silver 2002 e39 M5 with a matte black front grille and a black (subtle!) rear valence. I live off Rifle Range Rd and I frequently cruise past the house on Venning with the driveway full of go-fast toys and giddily blip my throttle as I go by. I also have a M30-swapped 87' 325i that I "rescued" about 8 years ago now.

-Erik
Hey Erik. I'm in SC as well over on Johns Island. Carbon Black with dark grey ARC-8's and some 'go fast' bits. I'll hit up Cars and Coffee in Mt. P every so often so hit me up if you ever want to try to get together and cruise over. There are about 5 that I know of in the general area.

-James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Erik. I'm in SC as well over on Johns Island. Carbon Black with dark grey ARC-8's and some 'go fast' bits. I'll hit up Cars and Coffee in Mt. P every so often so hit me up if you ever want to try to get together and cruise over. There are about 5 that I know of in the general area.

-James
Hey James! Awesome! Do you know if they still host it every Saturday from 8 to 10am? I'm thinking next Saturday if so!

-Erik

21 - 36 of 36 Posts