BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The South Bay M5 lunch will be on Friday 1/21, 1:00 at the Faultline Brewing Company in Sunnyvale, CA. The Faultline is located near Hwy 101 and Lawrence Expwy at 1235 Oakmead Pkwy. Please reply to this thread if you can make it so I can get an accurate head count. So far I have the following confirmed for lunch:
Bob Bob Uenaka (am I the only one who uses a real name??)
Pong chunpng
Mike mottati
Jeff m-funf
Darryl need4spd
Eddie boonielander
Charles ultfamcar
Joe dmz
? jem
? cielo
Bill bgregg
Darryl djo715
Don louv
:cheers:
For directions to the Faultline, menu, etc: http://www.faultlinebrewing.com

For those who have time for more fun. I have reserved some spots at the SpeedRing indoor kart track which is located just a couple miles away from the Faultline. We will be driving in a 25 minute sprint race beginning at 12:00. The sprint race consist of a 5 minute warm-up and qualifying period. Drivers are gridded up according to fastest lap time and than it's a standing start and off for 20 minutes of wheel to wheel racing fun!

All kart drivers MUST arrive at the SpeedRing by 11:30 SHARP for driver orientation (please do not be late). SpeedRing provides the driving suit, gloves, helmet, neck brace, and locker. You are welcome to bring your own helmet (SA2000 full coverage & visor), gloves and neck brace if you desire. The cost is $40 per driver. Please email me ASAP at [email protected] if you would like to join us for karting. I assure you... it's really a lot of fun! The following are confirmed for karting:
Bob Bob Uenaka
Mike mottati
Jeff m-funf
Don louv
:wroom:
For directions and more info: http://www.speedring-kartracing.com

Come on out and enjoy the company of your fellow M5ers and check out all the possibilities for your next M5 mod (headers, 3.45 diff, wheels, suspension, exhaust, TV-Nav, SSK, etc).

Thanks!
Bob

·
Registered
262 Posts
are you guys going to have a show-n-shine session? i'd like to see and hear mottati's headers. mike, do you mind? :) and of course, would be great to meet fellow m5ers.

my work is close to both locations but i'll swing by faultline since that seems to be where most m5s are showing up... but won't be joining for lunch. sorry.

-joe

·
10,455 Posts
These lunches usually evolve into a bit of hanging out in the parking lot, looking at cars and taking rides, after lunch. I think i'm taking off the rest of the afternoon (actually, i think i'm getting out of my office at 1030...) so i plan on being there afterwards.
Mike

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey Bob:

I'll try to make it by Faultline for lunch driving one of the E34 M5's. Especially since a few of the long time E39 M5 owners like John, Don and yourself will be there.

Although I have not been to Faultline for lunch in the past year or so I recall their parking lot to be marginal at best. Perhaps something has changed though, as it had been rather limited. Considering that there may be an invasion of M5's arriving around 1PM on Friday this may be something to think about at least.

Regards,

Ken Little
http;//bayaream5s.com

·
Registered
285 Posts
My first name is Jon. :) I'll post again by Thursday to give a definite. B-Line only works M-R and I think the holiday may have further delayed my getting the car...

:crying2:

·
10,455 Posts
We've genrerally had pretty decent parking luck with our past meets, perhaps due to our 1pm start. We usually get to park pretty close to each other, and by the time lunch is over, we can move to line up side by side.

Key, I wanted to ask, Is your bay area m5's group e34 only? I've emailed a couple of times to try to get on the list, and never get a reply.
Thanks,
Mike
KLittle said:
Hey Bob:

I'll try to make it by Faultline for lunch driving one of the E34 M5's. Especially since a few of the long time E39 M5 owners like John, Don and yourself will be there.

Although I have not been to Faultline for lunch in the past year or so I recall their parking lot to be marginal at best. Perhaps something has changed though, as it had been rather limited. Considering that there may be an invasion of M5's arriving around 1PM on Friday this may be something to think about at least.

Regards,

Ken Little
http;//bayaream5s.com

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jon (cielo),
You are more than welcome to join us no matter what car you have that day.

Ken,
Wow! It's been a long time. It will be nice to see you again. As Mike stated, parking at the Faultline hasn't been an issue. It's not like it used to be before the bubble burst.

So far we have 15 for lunch and 4 for karting. See you all on Friday!
Bob

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Bob:

I am going to try and make it. I can't see a problem at this point so I should be there.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I am in town for work and will try to make it, but only to faultline.

SCORPIO

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the board and M5 ownership. Haven't met any of you yet, but this sounds like a fun way to get to know some of you. I cannot make the Karting event, (work interferes with fun sometimes!) but would like to show up for lunch.

I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Dennis

·
10,455 Posts
This is going to be a big group! See you all tomorrow...
Mike

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
mottati said:
This is going to be a big group! See you all tomorrow...
Mike
I was thinking the same thing, Mike. Pong, are you going to "warn" Faultline of the impending assembly?

Mike, on another note, check PM.

See y'all tomorrow!

:cheers:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have made our reservations for tomorrow's karting and lunch. We are confirmed for 4 drivers at the SpeedRing for a 12:00 start (arrive by 11:30). We have lunch reservations at the Faultline for 20 at 1:00. Both of the reservations are in my name. See you all tomorrow!
Bob

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Bob Uenaka said:
I have made our reservations for tomorrow's karting and lunch. We are confirmed for 4 drivers at the SpeedRing for a 12:00 start (arrive by 11:30). We have lunch reservations at the Faultline for 20 at 1:00. Both of the reservations are in my name. See you all tomorrow!
Bob
Oops...sorry Bob :crying2: I knew you were organizing...my brain is fried. I really do need to take tomorrow off...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Bob:

Plans have changed. I need to get a small repair (power steering hose)performed on my car before going to the track on Saturday and it can only be done at around noon tomorrow. Rats. I was looking forward to it. You guys have fun.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bob Uenaka said:
Hi Jon (cielo),
You are more than welcome to join us no matter what car you have that day.
Thanks, Bob! As expected, my car is still in the shop. However, I'll do my best to make it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts