BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car needs another bath. I drove it out from Dallas a few weeks ago and it seems like it has rained every day since here in Sunnyvale (not too aptly named IMHO!). Sun is out now so I think I will get it washed. I have tried a couple of places nearby but am not too impressed with the results or the amount of oversight needed. Since I am new to the area so I am hoping some of my new neighbors have some recommendations (positive or negative) for a car wash down this way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I usually take my car to East Bay BMW, Pleasanton - a 30 mile drive from Sunnyvale. I've been pleased with the results so far.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Try AJ's in San Jose, they are the best: http://www.ajautodetailing.com/
+1 on AJs. They do great detailing work as well. They only hand wash and you will see a lot of exotic cars there. The hand wash is only $25. I was about to get my car washed there today but didn't make it. Gonna run over there tomorrow. Maybe we can meet up? Might go there some time after 12. PM me if you're interested.

Welcome to the Bay Area btw.

Tony

·
Registered
538 Posts
+1 on AJs. They do great detailing work as well. They only hand wash and you will see a lot of exotic cars there. The hand wash is only $25. I was about to get my car washed there today but didn't make it. Gonna run over there tomorrow. Maybe we can meet up? Might go there some time after 12. PM me if you're interested.

Welcome to the Bay Area btw.

Tony
I was going to suggest the same, although, third hand. I prefer my driveway but am getting tired of spending the two-hours washing it. My wife and quite a few other people I know with other nice cars, m6's, etc. take their cars there. I was thinking about giving them a try as well as there wax job.

I have a black car, Do they use newley cleaned towels on each car, no high pressure, no brushes (even hand type brushes), I have no swirls and I don't want to get them... I here good things about their detail jobs. I have been using Klasse after perma-plated at dealer and have been thinking about having it waxed twice a year at AJ's. Need to go check them out. I don't know how long I can keep up the driveway routine...

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
They have different packages. The $25 hand wash is just a wash. I think the next step up is the quick detail wax at about $50.

Not sure if they use new towels each time but I know they use microfiber towels to dry the cars and when they roll it out, another person will do a final check and clean with a towel and also use a California duster.

I used to hand wash my car but kinda got lazy when winter started. Plus AJs is on my way home from work so I just stop by and get it done.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I too used to be an anal driveway washer. But with kids, work, wife nagging etc. etc. AJ's has become a way of life for me. They are very careful with their clients cars. They even have wireless in the lobby so you can work while you wait.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I too used to be an anal driveway washer. But with kids, work, wife nagging etc. etc. AJ's has become a way of life for me. They are very careful with their clients cars. They even have wireless in the lobby so you can work while you wait.
Seems nothing bad to say about AJ's and I see EuroCarFan has a black car (or two).

So, I will probably give them a try with the M5.

My wife brought our 4-year old black Denali over there today getting the works done on it. Clay and two coats of wax, inside detail, shampoo, etc. She has used them before and I have only heard positive reviews mainly through my wife from othere people who told her about them. Maybe I'll wait and see how that turns out. I'll post back...

Euro, no swirls in the paint in direct sunlight?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I have some swirls on my car but it's been there. On my black 545, I used to use Zaino on her every few months and the results were awesome. Haven't gotten around to doing the M5. Again, cause I'm lazy and the Zaino process can take up a whole weekend. I'm just a lazy bum lately. HAHAHA

I've been seeing the posts from FMINUS in SoCal on all the cars he's detailed and I'm just amazed. Gotta find someone that locally and will gladly pay to have it done.

Might try doing one of those full details at AJs first to see how it turns out. Just got my car washed there about an hour ago.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I have some swirls on my car but it's been there. On my black 545, I used to use Zaino on her every few months and the results were awesome. Haven't gotten around to doing the M5. Again, cause I'm lazy and the Zaino process can take up a whole weekend. I'm just a lazy bum lately. HAHAHA

I've been seeing the posts from FMINUS in SoCal on all the cars he's detailed and I'm just amazed. Gotta find someone that locally and will gladly pay to have it done.

Might try doing one of those full details at AJs first to see how it turns out. Just got my car washed there about an hour ago.
Oh you spoiled, spoiler Californians. If I had your weather, I'd be detailing my car every weekend:hihihi:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bonehead - I've been out here since January and this is the first week I have seen the sun up here! Still wondering why the real estate is so expensive, can't be the weather! ;-)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Bonehead - I've been out here since January and this is the first week I have seen the sun up here! Still wondering why the real estate is so expensive, can't be the weather! ;-)
Yes, we have had our share this year. Come on though, this still isn't weather compared to the east coast. The rain here is more like sprinkles. Today and yesterday it was 70, I think and clear. Further South (i.e. LA or San Diego) may suite your expectations of this liberal state a little more as far as weather. Liberals could be found everwhere, I am sure that will meet your expectations wherever you go in Kali.

Visit Bezerkely for your fill of that...

I think I am the cause of all this rain. You see I picked up my car in December and everytime I wash it it seems to rain. Haven't washed it in a couple of days and see clear sky's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL! You know that a Texas redneck like me is trying to fit in out here brother. I spent 18 months in La Jolla and am now up here. I am only kidding about weather as it will soon be pretty hot back in Dallas and I will chilling it out here. Needless to say that both Dallas and NorCal are way better than a NE Winter!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Yes, we have had our share this year. Come on though, this still isn't weather compared to the east coast. The rain here is more like sprinkles. Today and yesterday it was 70, I think and clear. Further South (i.e. LA or San Diego) may suite your expectations of this liberal state a little more as far as weather. Liberals could be found everwhere, I am sure that will meet your expectations wherever you go in Kali.

Visit Bezerkely for your fill of that...

I think I am the cause of all this rain. You see I picked up my car in December and everytime I wash it it seems to rain. Haven't washed it in a couple of days and see clear sky's.
In that case, I will pay you to not wash your car. :hihi:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts