Many thanks

Jonty:wroom:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been chatting to CA Automotive, board sponsor, about some mods and delimit. They have been really helpfull.

"We offer our own software and delimit as well, at £550 gbp"

That was in an email reply from them, I was talking to them about the ECU and Evosport pulleys. They have dyno graphs for the pulleys but as with all ECU mods there are no dyno graphs.

Sacha...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plot thickens

Just back from Birds Hartge
Their de-limit is £1,877.73 fitted - no improvements in the map - just limiter removal

DMS offer limit removal and claim performance improvement - Gus - have you changed your tyres or are you 200+ mph rated - how much did you pay for the DMS? what improvements have you noticed - any thing weird with the SMG box? - you have mobile number? mine 07770 231523

Thornley - will do superchip - delimit and improvements - however turns out they have never done E60 and yet and they do not have on site mapper - all done down the line via superships

If I change the exhaust then I know this can effect the map also ? - should i stick with standard???

Need confidence in which route to go on this one - Birds sound expensive for just de-limit ?

Any ideas????? Thanks Guys Jonty

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
DMS is the way to go in my opinion.

Kevin Bird & John Thorne are both top blokes but in this case I think the DMS product is just superior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback

Just spoke to CA automotive - very helpfull on remap, pullies, exhaust upgrades. seems to be very knowlegable lots of E60 experience. Now need to make a decision - anyone used CA automtive on their E60 - cheers Jonty - not a rip off either

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been in contact with simon Atik of Evosport about his headers and he said yesterday that they fitted rhd cars.Better priced than supersprint and Racing Dynamic but still silly money by South African standards. Our problem here is BMW SA who are VERY sensitive to mods on the V10's and aftermarket manifolds are "hard "evidence that is is not easily concealed. Rather remove the insides of your pre cat and main cat and get 70% of the power increase from a set of branches without it being visible and threatening your warranty/motorplan.20+hp for relatively little work!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jonty,
Can you keep me advised how you get on with delimit/ecu.
Mine comes on 28 July and am interested in delimit.
Was down your way the other day, on the Easingwold bypass.....wow that is a fast road........Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Steve - Delimit

Hi Steve

I have found a company
CA automotive M5 web sponsor tele 0871 231 1010
They are on the south coast and London - they will delimit - new exhausts - belts etc - done lots of M5 e60
Think i will have mine done there
Having tubi exhaust fitted as engine sounds muted - got to hear that V10
My car is currently in bits as Vanos timing chain developed fault so being repaired - once fixed she'll have the de-limit
When you get ur car defo read the manual several times as lots to learn
my mobile 07770 231523 if you want to explore possibilites
Cheers Jonty Harrogate...enjoy ur new motor:wroom:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts