BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of planning the install of my Blinder M27 and cheetah wireless install kit, and am hoping to put (hide) the whole mess in the front bumper. I would rather not have a floppy wire to the unswitched batt terminal although the system does have an engine running sensor so that you can hardwire it right to the battery...

I would like to find a switched source in the front bumper so the system turns on/off with ignition...Something that wont end up throwing a code...Fan power lead maybe?

System wirelessly transmits to a little module in the cabin...pretty neat, also has a remote so that it can be shut off once speed is scrubbed off so that Johnny can get a read...

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Headlights? u could use the 12v switched from your headlights.
I think the fan would harder, but it would work.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I pulled it from the fuse box. Ghetto way to go and not very clean, but effective...... Not sure of anything in the front bumper. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about pulling off a fog light but figured i would get an error? I know the wrong bubl in most of the sockets wil throw an error, let alone another foreign load...A constant hot lead right to an unfused connection (jump point on LH valve cover) just sounds like a recipe for disaster...Wondering about an electric fan relay in there somewhere...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solution

OK Mounted the whole mess today: Power off the angel eye rings (00 upgrade) so power is on with parking lights. dilemma is this: to positively kill the system the lights hsve to be OFF: I am not so confidant about the remote turning the system ofgf as evidenced by trying it and watching the LED by the unit...

HOWEVER: Does the Po Po use laser enforcement at night? Seems like it is kind of a visual thing? Needs to be aimed right? Do they do this at night? If not no reason to deactivate...

So the heads are mounted in the normal spot either side and back from the front plate, wires run to the left side and out through the little rubber vagi%@ in the flat plastic thingy that the dinan tubes go down through; ran the power and both sensor wires along the existing wire run back to the drivers side void under the filter: Mounted all the bits in there to those flat adhesive pads that zip ties attach to, it seems fairly weatherproof under there with no moving or hot parts. The box that the cheeta comes with that you are supposed to mount the stuff in is rediculously small...

In the cabin i simply hard wired the power cord to the same ones the V1 is powerd by (switched)...

Only question is that the green light on the in cabin unit goes out after a while isn't it supposed to stay on? The green LED at the unit is behaving right: Couple red flashes then solid green: Is there something that will activate the unit to test it besides heading right at a laser cop at 90 while blowing the horn and waving?:S:M5launch:

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts