BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I noticed this slushing sound coming from underneath the car.
(No it was not in my head.)

Jacked up the car, checked the AC drains - all clear.
Checked for blocked drain holes on all the doors - call clear.

Lowered the car and removed my hydraulic jack from the plastic block (jack point) underneath the drivers door, and a bucket of water came out!!!
It was trapped in the sill!
Does anyone know how the heck it got in, and more importantly how it's supposed to get out?
I wiggled the block (slightly loose) and the water just kept seeping..

Thanks
Dux

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had the same issue on my 02 M5. Noticed wetness on the carpet of the RR passenger side floor mat everytime it rained. took it to my indie and he adjusted the door. Removed the panel for both rear doors and found that the water vapor membrane and cardboard panel inside the door panel were leaking. replaced and resealed both sides. Not a drop of water in the car now.

He said he has seen this in a few other M5's and believes it is problem based on the design. Might want to take a look.

Just my two cents....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow this site continues to deliver value. I have the same water trapped inside the sill of the back left door. Never thought much about it till now. Thanks for the fix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Noticed wetness on the carpet of the RR passenger side floor mat everytime it rained. Removed the panel for both rear doors and found that the water vapor membrane and cardboard panel inside the door panel were leaking. replaced and resealed both sides. Not a drop of water in the car now.

He said he has seen this in a few other M5's and believes it is problem based on the design. Might want to take a look.

Just my two cents....
had similar issue one time and took it to dealer immediately they also diagnosed it as the water vapor membrane -- no issues after repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts