BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone know of a source of the M cloth used to trim the seats and door cards in the E34 M5's without full leather please? A friend of mine just bought an E34 M5 with low miles, but the cloth on the seats has faded from the harsh Australian sun.

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

John

·
10,458 Posts
i remember seeing some of this cloth for sale over on s14.net a year or so ago, may be worth a search over there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have been searching and I found M cloth. It is not the M cloth we are looking for. It is not the M5 cloth. SO the search continues.
I contacted BMWNA and they told me to go to a dealer. ??????

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys + jrobbo,

I too (Cyprus sun) had a look for cloth but was unable to find any. The factory has none left. Almost got a roll from an E30 M3 owning friend until we realised that the M3 one is not the same. Let us know if you come up with anything...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am tempted to bring a piece to thailand, find a fabric store, and pay them 3 times what they normally get to match it perfectly.

My company has corporate office in Bangkok, One day I will do this. But I am in no rush to cut a sample from my interior, Will wait until it starts ripping somewhere...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
E34 M5 parts supply is meanwhile in the hands of BMW Classic. Unfortunately the area of responsibility is not car / model related but instead
-part group- related. :mad::mad::mad:
I will try to find out who the right contact for the interior parts is.
-
Does anyone have the part-number/s on hand ?
What are you looking for, meter-ware or ready knitted parts ?
-
Thailand ? Why not ? All 'ways' are good except for the bad ones :lightbulb::M5thumbs:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Call these guys: Covers
Emailed them. They can do it. See below.

E34 M5 parts supply is meanwhile in the hands of BMW Classic. Unfortunately the area of responsibility is not car / model related but instead
-part group- related. :mad::mad::mad:
I will try to find out who the right contact for the interior parts is.
-
Does anyone have the part-number/s on hand ?
What are you looking for, meter-ware or ready knitted parts ?
-
Thailand ? Why not ? All 'ways' are good except for the bad ones :lightbulb::M5thumbs:
I do not have the part number, anyone else maybe have it? I always prefer OEM:biggrinbounce:

As mentioned above I contacted covers.

See his emails to me;

Hi,

We can actually have the cloth reproduced but it is not cheap. You would be looking at roughly $150 a yard for this specific material and we would need a complete insert for reproduction. The insert will not be harmed. If this sounds like something that you would be willing to do let us know and we can go from there.

--------------------------------------------------

Hi,

You would need roughly 10 yards for a complete re-installation of the material give or take. Normally you could get away with a little less but since this pattern goes one way you can only cut one way if that makes sense. It would prob be best if you could supply me with the lower rear portion of the seat cover or seat as that is commonly the most likely to be in or close to original form but you can be the judge on that as every car is different.

We are located in Tacoma WA but do offer free installation of any items we reupholster. If this material is as rare as you say it is you may want to buy a few extra yards to sell and recoup some of the material cost. If we can order 20 yards the price will drop a fair amount.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

So we would need people interested in buying the cloth at 10 yards a customer at $150 a yard. This would go down based on how many people are interested. I do however need some cloth to send him. I can not spare any at current as I am not in the US. Anyone have a nice fresh piece laying around? a door insert would be the brightest, non worn......

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Bump.

Any updates ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm looking too, same as Eero.

I made an enquiry to Bimmercloth several weeks ago and sent them some images.
Also subscribed to their newsletter but haven't heard anything.

We might be waiting a while because they're a US company and I don't think the US got this trim option:
M5Portal.com
unless it was one of the few individual optioned cars.

Maybe someone can send a sample?
I don't have any - mine was all replaced with light grey alcantara which is kinda nice, but not original.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm looking for this cloth for custom interior on a e39.... Ive seen ultimateklasse.com make some products but u don't think they have material to
Sell for interiors

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice find.
How good is their reproduction of the pattern?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts