·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I dunno man... the file is 199megs???
that's taking like forever to download, even on DSL... =(

·
Registered
331 Posts
MarkM5Lauderdale, Jester and myself taped our exhaust at our local meet.

This is the link to the 12.8mb Quicktime Movie: Quicktime Movie of Exhaust Shootout!

Dinan tips:

Closeup Dinan: Closeup of Mark's Dinan Exhaust Tips

Supersprint tips:

Closeup Supersprint: Closeup of Marlin's Supersprint Exhaust Tips

My impressions: The SuperSprint and Dinan are of very similar quality. They are both great looking exhaust mods. I think the SuperSprint is a little Bolder Looking, more in your face. The Dinan is definitely more aggressive sounding. The SuperSprint is barely louder and deeper than the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The Dinan exhaust sounds pretty nice. The exhaust note is very similar to the B&B one(based on the sound clip on B&B web site). I just need to convince myself it's worth $2k... hmmm... I think I can do that :)

Thanks for the clip.

Kenneth
'00 silverstone M5

·
Registered
311 Posts
While none sound like an f355 (my dream sound), the Dinan sounds the best of the bunch so far.

I've listened carefully to the Supersprint and Dinan from this video, along with the Hamann from www.bmwregistry.com, and the b&b triflos from the company site, and I've come with the conclusion that the supersprint is identical in sound to the Hamann (also aided by a tip from a friend that Hamann uses supersprint exhausts).

Next up, I need to hear the Tubis and then I will render a decision as to what I will purchase. I'm already opting for the Porsche brakes but waiting to see if Movit releases a ceramic version.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Since you guys are discussing exhausts again.. I'm going to put up the link to my G-Power exhaust.. hehe.. =) http://www.bmwclub.org.hk/gallery/e34m5_e39m5/video/MOML0001/MOV00805.MPG

I personally prefer the Supersprint sound to the Dinan one.. If it's a little louder, it'll be very nice.. I think the Dinan one sounds a little too throaty.. and the note is not as solid as the supersprint one. But it's still a nice exhaust sound.. =)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Right on, GradX. I think the Dinan sound is suitably fierce, like the acceleration from 100mph in 4th gear.

For me, it's Dinan vs. Tubi vs. Kelleners.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry to came back with this subject but do you know if all this exhaust system can be put on future 2001 model ?

And what is the best SOUND POWER (i don't need more power just very strong sound).

Thank you

Regards

·
Registered
311 Posts
By all indications, certainly these exhausts could be used on any e39 m5 so far. No major structural changes were made.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the DINAN sound (so strong).

But can GUSTAV say me if during is trip in Germany the KELLENERS Exhaust system was similar, less or more stronger ?

It's easier for me to buy KELLENERS because the office is not to far from home but i never listen KELLENERS sound.

Thank for reply.

Bye

·
Registered
331 Posts
Also...
Supersprint emailed me to tell me that they will manufacture a x-pipe to add to the supersprint (330.000) Which will give it a louder sound, deeper without the popping.

Stay Tuned

1 - 18 of 18 Posts