BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 E60 has the sos call system failure error.

I was told that this could be fixed by reactivating it but I aren't so sure about that.

The i-drive system still works, Bluetooth phone still works and the radio still works. Any ideas what could be causing it and how I either fix it or disable the error message?

Thanks.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The older system in our cars was retired 2 years ago, and prior to that yours might not worked unless there was an active subscription service. It is not possible for it to work without getting the new system retro fitted into your car, though not positive if they have a retro fit for cars a certain age. Probably would cost about $500 and then you have to pay an annual service fee.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sent my E60 to the dealer because I had the dreaded "SOS Call Fail" error. No sound, BlueTooth, etc. Dealer said the main module went bad. "TCS?", I forgot. Updates to follow. Very pricey repair..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I sent my E60 to the dealer because I had the dreaded "SOS Call Fail" error. No sound, BlueTooth, etc. Dealer said the main module went bad. "TCS?", I forgot. Updates to follow. Very pricey repair..
I have a spare TCU module that I can code to your car. All you do is plug and play.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes, it should works on your vehicle. I would suggests you check to see how many ports your car have.

some telematics control unit comes with 3 or four ports. Four ports are for the vehicle that has GPS and 3 for those that are without. the telematics are in the trunk on the driver’s side.

·
1,525 Posts
Buying a replacement CCC is like getting another nokia for your failed cell. You could but... why? A CCC from BMW is probably 4 figures. Cheapest solution is ebay units ($300-ish) but will likely require coding. You can get a newer CIC system but it will run you a grand or so. Newer NBT systems units can be made to work but it's questionable whether all the car functions are there or not.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am not sure how it could be the infotainment system. I had this problem like yours on my E60 that the media system would not produce sounds, bluetooth not workin and SOS malfunction. And I replaced the TCU and problem solved. I also just coded out SOS emergency system because I thought it serve no purpose as you could just use your phone.

At any rate, if you feel like replacing your ccc unit. I suggests get the android head unit version as you can do so much more. you can Apple CarPlay, browsing, watch YouTube, use Waze map and to name a few. Did I mention it comes with its own Bluetooth Function? How awesome is that!

·
Registered
371 Posts
just reset it. press power button and 2 eject buttons together for 10-20seconds. it'll reset it and bring back ur sound.

or just straightpipe it. no need for radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
just reset it. press power button and 2 eject buttons together for 10-20seconds. it'll reset it and bring back ur sound.

or just straightpipe it. no need for radio.
Wish I had known this before I sent the car into the shop. My M5 is 865 miles away, so I the work had to be done while I am away. I do not have the physical time to DIY anything due to a very full schedule. Besides, although the Android Head Unit would be a good redo, my other "toy" required work that is necessary and couldn't be put off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not sure how it could be the infotainment system. I had this problem like yours on my E60 that the media system would not produce sounds, bluetooth not workin and SOS malfunction. And I replaced the TCU and problem solved. I also just coded out SOS emergency system because I thought it serve no purpose as you could just use your phone.

At any rate, if you feel like replacing your ccc unit. I suggests get the android head unit version as you can do so much more. you can Apple CarPlay, browsing, watch YouTube, use Waze map and to name a few. Did I mention it comes with its own Bluetooth Function? How awesome is that! View attachment 932191
This is a very interesting upgrade. I'm wondering if this will work with the factory Levinson Sound System, MOST Fiber Optic Cable, and Factory Voice. A quick read shows that some systems will not work with several factory options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally got my M5 back from the dealer. They replaced 2 boards. Now everything works great again. Biggest problem was having Sirius change from the original radio to the new radio. Since I have a lifetime subscription, it was a must do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts