BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sorry to post this thread here but I've no other choice.
I'm a great fan of BMW and ///M but this matter bothers me that why BMW can't or don't make any supercar like SLR or Carrera GT or lots of others?
I just need some info about it from experts.
Tnx.
:M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Grey_ashes said:
I'm sorry to post this thread here but I've no other choice.
I'm a great fan of BMW and ///M but this matter bothers me that why BMW can't or don't make any supercar like SLR or Carrera GT or lots of others?
I just need some info about it from experts.
Tnx.
:M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes:
I'm thinking this new M6 is gonna fill the bill quite nicely. i just seen it on the NTV SportSchau today at 8:30 Berlin time. It gets the :thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
There was some discussion with head of BMW M of a supercar - the successor to the M1. I don't think the M6 is equivalent to the Carerra GT etc - as it more positioned against Aston Martins, Porsche 911 Turbo.

It is time BMW came out with a mid-engined, two-seater V10 600BHP powerhouse made of carbon fibre panels/frame which is a SLR, Carerra GT, Ferrari CS slayer !

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to agree the M6 just does not fit the bill....maybe (possibly) in power...but does not have the prescence at all.
With the resources and expertise in the M car division, BMW could easily go this route. However, I do suppose it can be a very costly exercise as seen in ths case of the Bugatti Veyron !!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Pics of Veyron from the Bugatti dealer in Berlin. Maybe it will be on the road someday vice on continuous display!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Would it be cool for BMW to release one? Sure it would. Would they sell alot of them? Probably not. Its not like they need a SLR/Enzo/F1 type of car to be the show piece, they have the M5/6/3 etc. I imagine if they were to do it, it would be a partnership much like the F1 was.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mclaren should have got together with bmw all along. Much more similar philosophies. I can imagine Mercedes gave Murray et al a lot of headaches. Imagine if BMW-Mclaren had made an 'SLR'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts