BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted something new to happen, so I thought it was maby time to change the car (MY M5). I tried a Porsche 911 C4 CAB (NEW) for a week, to find out if that was gonna replace my M5.

I´m not gonna say anything bad about Porsche, cause it´s a GREAT car, but I still have my M5- and IT WILL STAY IN MY GARAGE!!

Sorry babe, I will never think of selling you again.

Best regards -

Yours forever

Nille

·
Registered
677 Posts
Funny you mention it, I drove my friend's 996 C2 cab last night to the premier showing of the Lexus LS430 in Houston. It was fun, especiall when the top is down. It's not as fast as my M5 but it sure out handles it. Nonetheless, I will not give up my M5 for a 996. I won't mind to have it as a weekend toy car though.

Later,
Kenneth
'00 silverstone M5
Originally posted by Nille:

I wanted something new to happen, so I thought it was maby time to change the car (MY M5). I tried a Porsche 911 C4 CAB (NEW) for a week, to find out if that was gonna replace my M5.

I´m not gonna say anything bad about Porsche, cause it´s a GREAT car, but I still have my M5- and IT WILL STAY IN MY GARAGE!!

Sorry babe, I will never think of selling you again.

Best regards -

Yours forever

Nille

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
If I had to choose between the M5 and the 996TT, I would keep the M5 - in a heartbeat.

The Porsche is a brutal car. It is brutally fast, and brutal on the senses. It is not a practical car. It may be faster than the M5 in every regard, but it performs this feat in a much narrower spectrum of ability - the M5 is SO good at SO many things.

Everyone should drive a Porsche for the experience. It is an amazing handling, braking car. But for your one and only? You're right - the M5 it is.

Somebody recently told me that BMW's design goal for the M5 was that "the luxury and the performance should surprise each other." Clearly BMW attained that goal in spades.

/Greg

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I rented a 996 Cab in Hawaii last spring...can't say it did much for me. I had an M Roadster at the time and was expecting more punch...nope...and IMO the M Roadster handles better...

Alps

·
Registered
412 Posts
I`m one of those lucky guys who always knew what they wanted and when I get it, I`m always happy about having known for so long what was right for me.
When I was about 25 y.o.(1985), I read an article of the Buggati 112: a V12, standard 4 door sedan promising to make 0-60mph in 4.5, and I said "when I`m rich, I`ll want something like this". In those days I drove a Trans-Am and knew that it looked great, as did my cousin`s vette, but those cars are a pain in the a... to get in-to and get out-from so my girlfriend hated it. She loved going out in my father`s old Cadillac for she was very confortable and were able to talk without great exhaust noises. Any way, since then I was the perfect client for a very fast luxury sedan.
Now, I`m 40, I`m rich, I just got my M5 two months ago, and the story keeps repeating itself: It was the perfect choice and satisfied everything I thought it was going to. At the time being, I`m not looking at every corner or every magazine for a reason to regre it, and I think I`ll stay in this mood for another 5 years.
If you bare with me a litle longer, let me share my dreams for when I`m 45: I want a car with much increased luxury, limousine-like space in the back seats, incredibly soft suspension but with a powerfull engine (more than 300hp). Ah!...and I want it to last till I die.
I guess I`ll have to get the 750iL, (unless Buggatti starts producing their show-only dream cars, which is unlikely)or...any suggestions?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Rtorre,
there is a car that would satisfy your needs and would probably fill you over, its much more exclusive than 750 and m5...have you ever heard about Alpina B12 6.0? Its a substantially modified 750 with more displacement (V12 6.0), power and torque than m5 (430 hp), it rides on huge 20 inch wheels and it is good for more than 180 mph they claim, it's automatic though...for your money they will upholster the seats in whichever material of whichever colour, paint the car exclusively too...it has additional subtle spoilers and 4 tailpipes, it is much more exclusive and better than normal 750...check out their website at http://www.alpina.de
these cars are not represented officially in the USA, only in europe and japan, so you'll have to import it privately, but it will be VERY unique

------------------
SL

[This message has been edited by KnightRider (edited 27 October 2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts