BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got her back from the workshop and very pleased to report an increase in low rev response :biggrinbounce:

Had the injectors sonic cleaned, with new filter baskets and top/bottom seals.

test reports show an increase in fuel flow from 50 / 51 ml to 54 / 55 (ml) on each injector.

Haven't opened her up past 4k rpm yet as it's rush hour so road's way too busy to have fun.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
vvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrroooooooooom .............. Watch out for cameras Jamie !

D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow.

I had the injectors cleaned as preventative maintenance measure (ie, ensure enough fuel is getting in / not running too lean), BUT, I didn't think it was going to have such an noticeable impact...

- low speed / high gear "jerking" has pretty much gone, ie, I can do 30 mph in fifth without any kangaroo kicks (I always thought this was being caused by the transmission).

- fuel economy has improved by 3 - 5% minimum. At one stage last night across a mixture of A and B roads I was averaging 29mpg... and I wasn't going slowly.

- performance - better across all of the rev range, but especially on acceleration.

Well worth £200.

Reactions: davidoli

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm still over the moon with this treatment...

the low down response since this work was done still makes me grin, in fourth at 30mph and feel the push in your back... not bad for a 3.6 :)

my average MPG has simply been getting better and better, I now regularly (mixed driving) return 23 mpg instead of 18 mpg, and yes that does include spells of really "pushing along".

rah!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts