BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just after 2AM in the UK as I write this and having sat at the PC all day with work and then a while reading petty squabbles on the internet I went out the front as is my norm to lock the gate before bed.

I noticed that it's a cool night but nowhere near frost producing and that the country lane my house is on was bone dry. It took about two further seconds to decide to hop in the car and take a short blast over the deserted roads that make up the Cotswolds at this time of night.

My run took me over 38 miles of straights, sweepers and tight stuff that usually has nasty camber and lasted a mere 21 minutes. But it left me feeling revitalised and also reminded me once again just what a peerless piece of automotive art these cars really are.

The emotional impact that a vehicle like this can have on somebody who cares to enjoy finely wrought machinery is quite huge and as a consequence this emotive feel quite often filters down to our interactions on forums such as these.

I suppose the point to all this long winded rambling is let us all not forget what brings here, a passion for owning and driving some of the finest vehicles on the planet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
plext said:
It's just after 2AM in the UK as I write this and having sat at the PC all day with work and then a while reading petty squabbles on the internet I went out the front as is my norm to lock the gate before bed.

I noticed that it's a cool night but nowhere near frost producing and that the country lane my house is on was bone dry. It took about two further seconds to decide to hop in the car and take a short blast over the deserted roads that make up the Cotswolds at this time of night.

My run took me over 38 miles of straights, sweepers and tight stuff that usually has nasty camber and lasted a mere 21 minutes. But it left me feeling revitalised and also reminded me once again just what a peerless piece of automotive art these cars really are.

The emotional impact that a vehicle like this can have on somebody who cares to enjoy finely wrought machinery is quite huge and as a consequence this emotive feel quite often filters down to our interactions on forums such as these.

I suppose the point to all this long winded rambling is let us all not forget what brings here, a passion for owning and driving some of the finest vehicles on the planet.
Aye, mate, well said! I know those roads in the Cotswolds; your midnight run must have been fun. :M5thumbs:

Mike

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
:cheers: Well said.

Your neighbour just called. Its a good thing you took 21 minutes. The Police left 6 minutes ago. Appearently some hoon in a suped up car was disturbing the peace at some god awful hour. hiha J/K

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ridgeback pilot has some nice run areas near him, I can't wait to be in that area in April.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MIB said:
Your neighbour just called. Its a good thing you took 21 minutes. The Police left 6 minutes ago. Appearently some hoon in a suped up car was disturbing the peace at some god awful hour. hiha J/K
Hehe, I swear the locals think the area has gone to the dogs since "those damned Aussies" moved in. :M5launch:

·
Registered
616 Posts
NEWS FLASH:

House prices in the Cotswolds have plummeted overnight, proving forecasters totally wrong. Local estate agents have been inundated with a sudden surge of properties for sale, leaving them totally baffled.

One prospective seller has cited an increase in ghostly vehicular activity within the area, following sounds of high speeding vehicles on the roads - but no sign of any cars when get out of bed and look out of the window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts