BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to sell the M5. I had toyed with the idea a few months ago and put a sky-rocket price tag on it, but now, I'm thinking a bit more seriously about it. I love the car and wish I could keep it, but I want to get into something different, and can't be in a position to move on an opportunity unless the M5 is sold already. I've been really really wanting a Porsche 911 and recently saw and ad for an RS America that I just absolutely fell in love with. So, for now, I'm looking to sell the M5 for $25,000. Still a lot, but it's what I would pay for a car like mine, if I was looking.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to do it...why are cars such an expensive "hobby" and passion to have???? @#*! IT!

If anyone is interested or knows someone:

1991 E34 Dinan M5
Alpine White with Black Leather interior
73,XXX miles
Dinan chip
Dinan Stage III suspension (adjustable anti-roll bars, uprated bushings, springs, Koni adjustable shocks, camber plates, SLS (Self Leveling Suspension) delete)
Dinan cam gears
Dinan short shifter (not yet installed)
E38 staggered M Parallel wheels in black chrome (18x8 in front, 18x9.5 in back)
Pirelli P Zero tires with 40% tread (OEM 17" Turbine Wheels available w/ Yokohama tires 30% tread left)
Ireland Engineering shock tower bar
Mobil 1 oil every time
Redline tranny and diff fluid
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
New tranny ($3k) just before I bought the car at 54k miles
New clutch just before I bought the car at 54k miles
New brakes at about that same time
US Ellipsoid headlight upgrades
US Ellipsoid foglight upgrades
Bosch/Hella HID with 4k heat temp bulbs
StonGard protection to all front lights
Car cover

BMW 6-disc changer
Power everything
Heated seats

Super cherry car, paint is soft. Maintenance work done with Schatz & Krum in Sacramento.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=1177

Additonal photos available on request.

Asking $25,000 firm

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Hi Stan
Your car is pretty. If you can get $25k for her then go for it.

Were you to sell this car in the UK, you would struggle to get $8k to $10k for it despite its obvious excellent condition.
White is not a loved colour for cars in this country.
Even worse for an M5. Seen one white M5 for sale in this country in the last 5 yrs & was being knocked due to colour.
Ditto a 3.6, regardless of what you've bolted onto it & the viewpoints on integrity between 3.6 & 3.8, the 3.8 is most sought after.

Yes, I can hear the stirring of 3.6 owners coming to the defence of their cars but it isnt personal, just local trends & economics at work.

I would bet that your car would most sought after in Australia, or Japan where white has always been popular.

Good luck & hope you get what you are asking.

Farrell

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
StanAE86 said:
I'm going to sell the M5. I had toyed with the idea a few months ago and put a sky-rocket price tag on it, but now, I'm thinking a bit more seriously about it. I love the car and wish I could keep it, but I want to get into something different, and can't be in a position to move on an opportunity unless the M5 is sold already. I've been really really wanting a Porsche 911 and recently saw and ad for an RS America that I just absolutely fell in love with. So, for now, I'm looking to sell the M5 for $25,000. Still a lot, but it's what I would pay for a car like mine, if I was looking.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to do it...why are cars such an expensive "hobby" and passion to have???? @#*! IT!

If anyone is interested or knows someone:

1991 E34 Dinan M5
Alpine White with Black Leather interior
73,XXX miles
Dinan chip
Dinan Stage III suspension (adjustable anti-roll bars, uprated bushings, springs, Koni adjustable shocks, camber plates, SLS (Self Leveling Suspension) delete)
Dinan cam gears
Dinan short shifter (not yet installed)
E38 staggered M Parallel wheels in black chrome (18x8 in front, 18x9.5 in back)
Pirelli P Zero tires with 40% tread (OEM 17" Turbine Wheels available w/ Yokohama tires 30% tread left)
Ireland Engineering shock tower bar
Mobil 1 oil every time
Redline tranny and diff fluid
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
New tranny ($3k) just before I bought the car at 54k miles
New clutch just before I bought the car at 54k miles
New brakes at about that same time
US Ellipsoid headlight upgrades
US Ellipsoid foglight upgrades
Bosch/Hella HID with 4k heat temp bulbs
StonGard protection to all front lights
Car cover

BMW 6-disc changer
Power everything
Heated seats

Super cherry car, paint is soft. Maintenance work done with Schatz & Krum in Sacramento.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=1177

Additonal photos available on request.

Asking $25,000 firm
-------------

thats a stunning car StanAE86!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jahangeer said:
thats a stunning car StanAE86!!
That's what I was thinking! Those chrome black effect wheels go well with the white car,and with that Dinan gear... wow!

If I had $25,000 dollars I'd buy it! Never been rained on! Free house in California with every purchase!

Ivan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts