BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a 2006 BMW M6 and absolutely love it!!!! My SES light comes on and goes off every now and then. I have had the codes checked and it comes up that it needs a new O2 sensor for bank 2 sensor 1, but I also have a problem where when in 3rd or 4th gear if I go over around 6k rpm it goes into limp mode. From what I have read on the board, that is more than likely being caused by the ionic control module. I have also read that that problem can give you a faulty reading saying it is an O2 sensor. Would the ionic control module completely fix my problem? Thank you in advance for any input!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The limp mode will list the error codes which caused it. Post the actual alphanumerics and I'll look it up.

Thank you! I will get those to you asap. I did forget to post that whenever it was in limp mode I had it checked once and it came up with that same O2 sensor and also cylinder 8 misfire.

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Let me tell you...if anyone is dealing with these misfire issues it is me. First thing to do is swap those ionic current modules with each other and see if the codes move to the other bank. After that you have to start swapping coils and spark plugs and see if it follows it. If that doesn't work then you have to check the fuel injectors. Quickest thing to do at this point is that ionic current controller though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me tell you...if anyone is dealing with these misfire issues it is me. First thing to do is swap those ionic current modules with each other and see if the codes move to the other bank. After that you have to start swapping coils and spark plugs and see if it follows it. If that doesn't work then you have to check the fuel injectors. Quickest thing to do at this point is that ionic current controller though.

What all are you dealing with?

·
Registered
125 Posts
All of the above plus more. Misfires on all of bank 2. Cylinders 6-10 like to fire as they please. Coils swapped and spark plugs changed. ICC swapped and replaced. Cam and Crank sensors checked.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nope, right off the bat. But yours could be indicative of a combustion issue at high load. I would check those things first. ICC, spark plug change and coils.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No problem. Hope it works. I am on the fuel injectors currently eventhough the ohm specs are on point currently. I have ordered a few and see where that takes me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts