BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Strange, the large mirrors and not the new navigation / I Drive...
No new nav on 2009 M5s, at least in America. However, all other updates (efficient dynamics, iDrive controller, larger mirrors etc. were available on the M5 in 2009).

That really is one hell of a deal. Hopefully the new owner shows up here!

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 2006 with the same mileage on it and clear bra'd on the front, new tires, same colors options, CPO'd etc. I would sell it for 45k. :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
wow thats cheap! there must be something else to this....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They told me it just got sold...nice car...don't think anything is wrong with it but you never know...

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
wow thats cheap! there must be something else to this....
Not necessarily. I've seen some other 09s in the low 60s/high 50s. It really is insane how fast the 09s have depreciated. I know all E60 M5s depreciate quickly but it seems the 09s have done so especially quickly.

afc1

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Not necessarily. I've seen some other 09s in the low 60s/high 50s. It really is insane how fast the 09s have depreciated. I know all E60 M5s depreciate quickly but it seems the 09s have done so especially quickly.

afc1

2010 as well. You can pick up a brand new one with 0 miles from the dealer for 90k (M6) $30k off sticker of a vert.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yeah they have dropped a lot like that 2010 M5 Alpine White loaded that sold for 70K that was new in Cali. The 2009's aren't easy to find either. That was a bad year for M5's for sales. Besides BMW didn't really give any lease incentives on that car.

As mentioned the M6 dropped like a brick on 2010 models.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Niventhan: that is a deal...I am looking to buy one by the end of this month...I haven't seen any prices that low for CPO cars. Was it priced higher? Did you put a low price offer out to them and they simply came down? Any tips would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Niventhan: that is a deal...I am looking to buy one by the end of this month...I haven't seen any prices that low for CPO cars. Was it priced higher? Did you put a low price offer out to them and they simply came down? Any tips would be greatly appreciated..
The dealer started at $57k in the winter, in IA. Not much luck there. They were down around $49k when my interested got peaked. I negotiated from there. You know the value of CPO so I would go to ebay and price some cars....get an idea of the low ball price and then add things like CPO so you have a place to start or end the negotiations.

Dealers do not want used high priced inventory. They don't care what the vehicle is....to them its just a $50,000 used car the is consuming capital.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
A three year older car is substantially monetarily different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts