BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got cut off by some hick the other week and the guy ended up hittin my passenger fender, bumper, and knocked my wheel alignment out of wack. The damage doesnt look catastrophic but the main concern i have is the fact that i have 6 error messages pop up. DCT tire pressure abs malfunction increased emissions along with a CEL. Are all these connected in some way? Why all at the same time with a superficial fender bender?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
319 Posts
just bring the car to bmw dealer to let them do some diagnostic.

·
Banned
194 Posts
Did he have ins.? What a idiot....

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Tire pressure monitor, abs, and stability control all use the ABS sensors located at each wheel to measure the wheel's speed. It consists of a Hall effect sensor and a reluctor ring on the hub. It is possible that in the accident part of the sensor on the specific wheel that was hit was damaged or came unplugged, or both.

-Dave

·
Registered
911 Posts
I agree, take it to a BMW dealer, if the tire was knocked out of alignment it may have also bent the subframe as they are quite delicate.

·
Registered
350 Posts
What a PITA. You must be furious.

I echo everyone else's comments about going to the dealer. Let them plug it in a read the error codes. Any costs etc will be covered by insurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts