BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday someone in my neighbor hood backed into the LF quarter panel of my car and crumpled the panel above the wheel well. They did not leave any note or inof on who did it and I am throughly pissed. I have a good idea who did it, but because no paint was left on the damaged area it is just a he said she said game.......:crying: I was thinking it is just replacing the LF Front panel over the wheel well and painting it....any idea ona guess tament......

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I had exactly the SAME thing happen last year - - s u c k e d

The fender was 150ish raw so with paint/install it was around 400 or so, not too bad...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ditto for me too in June.

Needed a new quarter panel, front bumper and a headlight which was cracked.

Total damage was $5100 cnd so about $5500 usd.

The headlight alone was $1100. I think the quarter by itself was $800.

People are such a$$holes aren't they? It really reduces my faith in mankind. It was my nieghbour as well who did it and didn't leave a note and the car hasn't been seen since. It doesn't take a genious to figure out when you have red paint all over your car and a red Pontiac Sunfire parks directly across from you and is never seen again that they're probably the ones who did it.

My advice, it's a M5.... i'd get it done right.

·
Registered
836 Posts
there may not be paint on the damaged portion of your vehicle, but have you tried checking the suspected person's vehicle for any unusual and consistent damage?

on a side note, someone had placed fairly large dent in my door a couple of months ago but had left a note. unfortunately the note was only an invitation to bible study with no other info. a fake note.

·
Registered
851 Posts

but seriously, that sucks. How bad is the damage? I had a similar damage on a previous car and my body shop just straighten it and repaint. Good as new.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Do you have a pic you can post? Sorry to hear this... happened to me with a different car, while I was visiting my insurance agency out of all places!!! lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your kind words guys

All in all I am getting the panel re-formed for $500 and painted as well. Just got it done and it looks good. Again just a little perturbed that no note was left....the guy at the body shop said he see this more and more where people back into other peoples cars and do not leave a note. thanks again for your input as usual.

Matt:wroom:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear about this. I am glad to hear that everything is working out for you.

This is so strange though. Someone backed into my car as well. The thing about my situation is I had just finished getting service done at the dealer. The tech who worked on my car and I were chatting at my car while it was parked in the parking lot. We walked away so that I could go pay the bill.

At that moment, a bunch of SAs started running out of the area shouting that someone hit a clients car. A few minutes later, my SA comes in an tells me that it was my car that was hit. :eek:

The guy that hit my car was backing out and rubbed against the back door. Rubbed the clear coat. The real irony is that the guy that hit me is an auto insurance claim adjuster. I still can't believe that he didn't see a 10 foot piece of black metal behind him in the middle of the summer sun.
He took full claim on the accident :deal:, but the nerve. :grrrr:

Seems like this is one of several threads that have popped up lately where people have been hit or doors opened up on them or something. The planets must be out of alignment or something.

·
10,445 Posts
depending on your deductible, this may be worth going thru insurance with, especially if you have some other 'road rash' that can be fixed. It should go thru as a comprehensive claim, so no fault or points against you.

I had a hit and run that was handled this way, my insurance guy said it would have no effect on me, and it hasn't seemed to (as far as insurance premiums go).

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
depending on your deductible, this may be worth going thru insurance with, especially if you have some other 'road rash' that can be fixed. It should go thru as a comprehensive claim, so no fault or points against you.

I had a hit and run that was handled this way, my insurance guy said it would have no effect on me, and it hasn't seemed to (as far as insurance premiums go).
This is good to know, sometimes it seems like no matter how much you're not at fault, your insurance goes up! Thanks for the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts