BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow BMW enthusiasts!

My father is about to get a 535dA, perhaps in the near future, and there are few things he wants to have cleared out...

1. First of all, what is the difference between the Radio BMW Business, which comes as standard (at least here in Finland), and the Radio BMW Professional?

2. Secondly, are the mirrors with the anti-dazzle function worth of buying? Does anyone have any hands-on experience about those?

3. Does anyone have a picture of the option "Roof liner in Anthracite"?

4. Auxiliary heating with remote control? What is this?

5. Do cupholders come back as standard? What about in the front?

6. What are the differences on the leather seats? Dakota/Nasca/Exclusive? Any chance to get alcantara seats?

7. Is there a BMW Individual catalogue anywhere?

8. Servotronic?

9. If my father goes to Mystic Blue, it is not a metallic paintwork, but he has to tick the metallic paint option box as well to obtain a metallic Mystic Blau?

10. He's also very keen on having M Sport package in his vehicle. Is it possible to choose a different interior trim instead of the ugly Alu Cube Pure trim?

11. Sports seats come in the M package, too, but what if he opts for Comfort seats? Is it even possible? If it is, does he get any price reduction of the package?

The final question :blink: : Which of these combinations sounds best?
a) Gray Dakota leather/Anthracite trim/Mystic Blue
b) Gray Dakota leather/Aluminium trim/Mystic Blue
c) Black Dakota leather/Aluminium trim/Mystic Blue

Thanks for your time guys :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Moi.

I can answer the one about the anti dazzle mirrors, as could just about every E39 M5 owner as they came standard on it I believe.

I have always found them very good, you don't tend to notice that they are getting dimmer other than sometimes in the afternoons you can notice it. What you do notice after a while is that the tylsämielinen who likes to drive right behind you with badly adjusted lights or perhaps even with high beams on, no longer drives you insane.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not for all Q's, but I'll try...

Fin523iA said:
Hello, fellow BMW enthusiasts!

My father is about to get a 535dA, perhaps in the near future, and there are few things he wants to have cleared out...

1. First of all, what is the difference between the Radio BMW Business, which comes as standard (at least here in Finland), and the Radio BMW Professional?
You'll get a wider screen and a duel tuner for your radio (it is switching between the best recived points of a radiostation). The screen thing is if you don't opt for a pro navigation system.

2. Secondly, are the mirrors with the anti-dazzle function worth of buying? Does anyone have any hands-on experience about those?

3. Does anyone have a picture of the option "Roof liner in Anthracite"?

An extra heating, that can be used to pre-heat your car on cold days without starting the engine (comes with a remote, you can program it and use the thing from behind the TV...).

5. Do cupholders come back as standard? What about in the front?

6. What are the differences on the leather seats? Dakota/Nasca/Exclusive? Any chance to get alcantara seats?

7. Is there a BMW Individual catalogue anywhere?
You'll have to search for a dealer that wants to sell it to you. Most of them think that it will cost them to much time...

8. Servotronic?
Are you gonna get the big wheels? Then I'll advise it, steering will be a lot lighter.

9. If my father goes to Mystic Blue, it is not a metallic paintwork, but he has to tick the metallic paint option box as well to obtain a metallic Mystic Blau?

10. He's also very keen on having M Sport package in his vehicle. Is it possible to choose a different interior trim instead of the ugly Alu Cube Pure trim?

11. Sports seats come in the M package, too, but what if he opts for Comfort seats? Is it even possible? If it is, does he get any price reduction of the package?

c) Black Dakota leather/Aluminium trim/Mystic Blue
I'm sorry, my girlfriend always tells me that I have no taste...

Thanks for your time guys :)
Good luck with the car. Would like to see it with a manual.

Guust

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
plext said:
Moi.

I can answer the one about the anti dazzle mirrors, as could just about every E39 M5 owner as they came standard on it I believe.

I have always found them very good, you don't tend to notice that they are getting dimmer other than sometimes in the afternoons you can notice it. What you do notice after a while is that the tylsämielinen who likes to drive right behind you with badly adjusted lights or perhaps even with high beams on, no longer drives you insane.
Hehe
Another finn? or just pathological interest in weird languages?
I can answer the question on the aux. heater. : It is a fuel driven heater that is not dependant on external powersource. Wery good option(specially in finland) though a bit expesive. Can be started with a remote control from a distance up to 600-800m i believe.

Most of the questions are best answered by the local dealer due to national diffencies in options lists etc. Through individual you can set up the car almost as you want, but it is expensive.

As for the colour combos: Dark blue metallic with black leather and alu trim souds very good(seen one 535d with that combo and even with sports package)
Diamantschwartzmetallic+ black or grey leather is also very nice. (though I personally like the more unusual colours-Amethyst grey is very good on the e60, though a bit special)

Oh by the way, I thought servotronic is standard? But I`d take the active steering option....

Terveisiä norjarsta
Sakke

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm an Aussie actually, but have some very good friends in Turku who completely embarrassed me (as did the whole Finn population it seems) with their mastery of English during my visits, while my Finnish was hirveä at best.

Having now done something about that, though it's still very scratchy I'll feel more able to look people in the eye when I next visit.

Ei oppi ojaan kaada.

If Fin523iA spots a black, RHD E60 M5 parked near the statue of Nurmi (strategically close to apteekki) around August/September, the chances are very good it'll be mine :)

Apologies to all for the rambling, off topic post :blabla:

·
Registered
60 Posts
the professional radio have optimal sound
I have it and it's great function

in my car it's coled Webasto and it's stand heating

yes there is possibility

c) Black Dakota leather/Aluminium trim/Mystic Blue ( this combination is the best)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you all for these answers!! They made my life so much easier :)
Great, I'll have my driver's license in March or April if everything goes as planned, hopefully the car is ordered as soon as possible so that I could test drive it :hihi: 2 months delivery time, said the dealer.

plext: nice one with the Finnish :) but tylsämielinen sounded quite... umm, clumsy :) but I'll forgive u this time ;) u did mean "a bore", didn't u :) oh, and if I'll pass the Nurmi statue by and see you, I might come around and say hi :)

Guust: yeah, it is going to get those 245/40/18" Double spoke -
style 135 M wheels which come with the M sport package... Some hot wheels :)

Sakke: I showed the exterior which you recommended to my father and mother and they literally fell in love with it :) my father's now opting for Sapphire Black exterior, Gray Dakota leather and the Brushed Aluminium trims, looks very nice, thank you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Enjoy. It's the diesel version of the Beast. Take the Servotronic, I'd feel the difference last weekend due to the fact that our car was scheduled for service. Replacement car came without servotronic.

Guust

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Niiiice... The price for 535dA Standard equipped is 74 700 €, which is roughly 97,900 USD. What a nice place to live in, Finland... What cars in US or somewhere else in Europe cost around 100,000 USD?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fin523iA said:
Niiiice... The price for 535dA Standard equipped is 74 700 €, which is roughly 97,900 USD. What a nice place to live in, Finland... What cars in US or somewhere else in Europe cost around 100,000 USD?
Price in Norway is 130 000 USD!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now he's going to Carbonschwarz Metallic, Black Nasca leather, Black Anthrazit Headliner and the (what I think is ugly!) Alu Cube Pure trims. Sounds quite good to me :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts