BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some deals for you guys.

Koni Fronts: 8641-1157 Sport - Retail is £165 each - M5board members - £120 each

Koni Rears: 8240 - 1076 sport - Retail is £145 - M5 board members - £105 each

This is approx 27% off retail.......you cannot get these at these prices anywhere!

I am setting up a specific area for M5 parts - www.xsperformance.co.uk/e30zone

See left hand side and you'll see E34 M5 at bottom of the list.

You'll also find the H&R springs and Powerflex Bushes on there too.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Cyrus, remember you priced 8541-1224' s for me - is that the wrong number I had? and/or, are the 8641-1157's the right ones or similar ??, my current top bit has 72mm plastic cap.

Cheers,
Phil.

I notice you had a sniff at the nowack M5 (pistonheads ad ?) from your posts on the e39 forum, did you get a shot of it? sounds like some machine. I did read the posts from the guy in London mentioning a few probs - how much cash has he got !!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not too clued up on Koni shocks for M5's to be honest, I just got the info off someone who had fitted those ones.

I can price up the part number you have given though.

The Nowack M5: After reading the problems that guy had I decided not to touch the car. The seller said there were all sorts of warning lights coming on everywhere. I'd rather just have a normal M5. I am hanging onto the E34 for some time at the moment as I dont really fancy buying a money pit which is what the E39 M5 is turning out to be.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Cyrus, I had a look on the Koni PDF the 1157's seem to be for M12 thread top nut and the ones I mentioned are for M14 thread, would I be right thinking that m12 = 22mm nut and m14 = 24mm nut ??. The bottom line is I have a 3.8 and I want to fit non edc dampers therefore 3.6 dampers should to the trick, I dont think BMW list more than one front damper for the 3.6 so if the 1157's fit then they'll do nicely.

Phil.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just spoke to Bexley about this and they say the top nut on a 3.8 is 22mm which sounds about to be M12.

Are you planning on keeping the origional springs aswell? I would highly suggest you get uprated H&R's on there, its such a long hard job that it would be wise to do the springs at the same time.

Sal

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Cyrus

Will you ship to Australia, post code 4074. If so, what would be the total cost, shipping incuded, for a set of front and rear shocks and matching H&R springs.

Dave

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do you ship to Finland? :3:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cyrus,

Can you quote me for front and rear koni's(adj damping both comp and rebound) and H & R springs? What do I do to the SLS unit to install the rear?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

Koni are only available in adjustable rebound.

I only know of one company that makes compression and rebound adj dampers.

Please PM me for further details.

Sal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.