BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago.
Driving along Yonge Street.
Saw a Black on Black driven by a 40+ years old couple.
I waved Hello Hello, smiling and all.
Guy gave me a smirk and accelerated!
That wasn't very nice at all. And why accelerate when you know your wife's weight alone is definitely heavier than mine? We're dealing the same engines on a straight downhill here! Maybe your
400hp is greater than my 400hp?

Some fellow owners are not as friendly as others

However, everyone else I've met would wave back with a smile or make comments like "Nice Car", "Love your color!" or soemthing like that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Brian,

Maybe a Toronto GetTogether might help to know each other...you never know...He might show up...

BTW, that was not me, Iam under 40 and I always wave back (exept to a cop ).

·
Registered
331 Posts
I encounter the same problem with Canadian drivers here in Fort Lauderdale!!

....Just Teasing

07/00 M5 Tit/Silverstone

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would of waved back! Some people are rude, even if they do have great taste in cars!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Everyone M5 i've seen on the road except for one titanium silver and I have either had a good windows-down thumbs-up out the window, or a shouting of approval. Even had a conversation with one once on the freeway :)

--Dan

·
Registered
911 Posts
Out here on the east coast, I have always taken the time to acknowledge people that have waved to me. I even gave a college student a ride!

And so far, of the 2 M5 owners I've met at traffic lights we've given each other the thumbs up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
All the M5 owners I have come across here in MA are all very nice. Even better, they know that their car is fast.. hehe.

- matt -

·
Registered
183 Posts
hey there brian my uncle lives in toronto he has a black/black m5 hes over 40 i dont think it was him he is very nice and is lookin to meet fellow owners like you

if you'd like e-mail me and i'd love to contact u with him.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I'm definitely noticing that I get far more approval from American drivers than from Canadians. I think there's a lot more mystique to the car State-side because of the far higher demand (read: longer wait).

In Seattle, I was getting honks and thumbs-up from other Bimmer owners, particularly E36 M3's.

I was on Vancouver Island this week and a couple from L.A. walked across the street(!) to chat as I fuelled up...the guy lamented about how his local dealer has a new one in the showroom askingh over $90k...

Alps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts