BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a hot topic, the traction control not giving enough slip that is, either all or none. THe ferrari 430 has an adjustable amount of slipage via a knob. So what if you could have that too?

Check it out! http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control

Anybody have experience with it. I saw a guy using this on his ferrari 360 in this months modified luxery and exotics. It seems interesting.

They also have a launch control device! I'm interested.

Also, here is a company that sells the m3 CSL wheels, I think this wheel would look great on an M5, always has so if anybody is looking to do wheels check these out: http://www.movenwheels.com/csl.html

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All the trash talking on the dsc and nobody's interested?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I like the wheels and dont drive my car hard enough to think that the DSC sucks, or rather I dont drive or track my car enough to even think about that, it just sounds expensive to me, Josh

·
Registered
291 Posts
Jayson said:
All the trash talking on the dsc and nobody's interested?
Looks good but worried about reliability and cost. I am also like the other person I tend to just drive with it OFF but in wet weather turn it on.

Late

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bimmer23 said:
Looks good but worried about reliability and cost. I am also like the other person I tend to just drive with it OFF but in wet weather turn it on.

Late

In terms of reliability I cant' say for sure, but I would think if this guy in m.l.e. mag is using it on his track only 360, it's gotta be worth its weight.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Jayson said:
In terms of reliability I cant' say for sure, but I would think if this guy in m.l.e. mag is using it on his track only 360, it's gotta be worth its weight.
It looks like a good product, I have seen it before. I am not sure the level of street driving with early cut in warrants the expense.

A more elegant solution would be to somehow tap the electronics of the DSC and trick it into thinking there is less slip than actually exists. Like putting a resisitor inline to fool it. But someone would have to know the electronics pretty well to tap in.

I do know with 40% locked diff and quicker ramp up, the tendency for DSC to cut in is much less, so that is a partial solution.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
321 Posts
Website visited and bookmarked. Its definitely on my list of "future things to spend money on". Gotta do more research on it first though. It would be nice to be able to override DSC without having to push the button.

As for the M3 CSL rims. http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-E46-M3-CSL-...itemZ4530975982QQcategoryZ10374QQcmdZViewItem
This ebay seller sells OEM CSL rims. My brother just purchased a set from them. Reputable according to the M3 people. And aside from bad shipping practices, they have been helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts