BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

SOLD

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  markostam 
#1 ·
5 very good driving condition style 65’s with fresh tires. A few knicks and scratches here and there but overall very good condition. Staggered wheels rear 285/35 x2, front 255/40 x2, and the spare is 225/40. Also have spacers to even front/rear in case the car it’s going on isnt e39 m5. Front and rear tires are Hankook Ventus V12 almost brand new, with no rot. Spare is not as fresh as the 4 it sits on but plenty usable.

I’m only selling because they came as an extra set with a vehicle I bought and I prefer the other ones that came with it. Real BMW wheels, not repros.

$2300 for the set of 5

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

To help you get phone calls/interest & a sale, just a few tips for you

1. What size wheel is the spare? 8x18? or 9.5x18?
2. What width are the spacers? are they a branded set ? if so, which brand are they?
3. Post up multiple, clear and high quality images of each wheel both the front face and rear and show each imperfection.
4. At this asking price level, mention the date of manufacture for each tyre and include clear photo's of tread depth for each and any nicks/tears/bulges in the rubber.
5. At this asking price level, I'd suggest every wheel needs to be in perfect condition.
6. At this asking price level, I'd suggest those interested would want the OEM tyre sizes/profiles of 275/35/18 & 245/40/18.

I buy/sell wheels all the time, but not OEM wheels. I do however get asked to find Style 65's frequently - a PM came through last night for instance ! Please take the above as constructive feedback to help you sell :)

Cheers, Dennis!

#3 ·
Hi,

To help you get phone calls/interest & a sale, just a few tips for you

2. What width are the spacers? are they a branded set ? if so, which brand are they?
3. Post up multiple, clear and high quality images of each wheel both the front face and rear and show each imperfection.
4. At this asking price level, mention the date of manufacture for each tyre and include clear photo's of tread depth for each and any nicks/tears/bulges in the rubber.
5. At this asking price level, I'd suggest every wheel needs to be in perfect condition.
6. At this asking price level, I'd suggest those interested would want the OEM tyre sizes/profiles of 275/35/18 & 245/40/18.

I buy/sell wheels all the time, but not OEM wheels. I do however get asked to find Style 65's frequently - a PM came through last night for instance ! Please take the above as constructive feedback to help you sell :)

Cheers, Dennis!
Excellent feedback I hope the OP does not take offense. Good stuff

#5 ·
Thanks guys for the useful feedback. I'm working on getting more high res images up as suggested but in the meantime to answer some burning questions:

Spare is 8x18
Spacers are 5mm wide, unbranded and made from aluminum as far as I can tell.
Forthcoming.
DOM are 2012 on the 4 main tires. I cant seem to find it on the spare but it‘s clearly older. The 4 main tires are extremely low mileage, the previous owner purchased them at some point and put less than 1000 miles on the car total (he is in the armed forces and didn't have a lot of time to drive the car). There are no knicks, bulges, imperfections or anything as far as I can tell.

As I mentioned, I will post up pictures with tread depth on all 5 when I have the chance

Regarding price, as with any secondhand item, this is an opening ask and there is room for conversation. It isn't the easiest thing to find a complete set in solid condition plus these have basically brand new tires.

#6 · (Edited)
5 very good driving condition style 65’s with fresh tires. A few knicks and scratches here and there but overall very good condition. Staggered wheels rear 285/35 x2, front 255/40 x2, and the spare is 225/40. Also have spacers to even front/rear in case the car it’s going on isnt e39 m5. Front and rear tires are Hankook Ventus V12 almost brand new, with no rot. Spare is not as fresh as the 4 it sits on but plenty usable.

I’m only selling because they came as an extra set with a vehicle I bought and I prefer the other ones that came with it. Real BMW wheels, not repros.

$2300 for the set of 5
UPDATE: disregard, had a blond moment, did not see Boston in subject line, was only reading the body of the message, sorry.
Why do people keep refusing to post their location, especially on items so big and expensive to ship, would be nice to know location for local pickup.

Jen (E39M5E60M5)

#8 ·
LOL..... alrightythen.... sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees, all I saw was E39 M5 wheels then started reading the body of the ad.... thanks

#14 ·
Hey folks, local buyer fell through. Sorry for delay on the pics, it’s been a busy fall in the process of purchasing a house.

Here are more detailed pics finally:

DM me and I can send more upon request.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.