BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5yrs 2mos 24days of driving pleasure :wroom:
Can't believe it wont be back in the driveway tonite :sad1:
Now the painful wait. 2 deposits on the E60 M5.
You may wonder why? Well my logic is $ in hand will make the purchase of the new one less painful and the values are dropping like lead balloons since the E60 is arround the corner.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,458 Posts
at least you have the cooper s+ to hold you over! Can't wait to see the e60 at a lunch in the future. Have US delivery dates been confirmed yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mottati said:
at least you have the cooper s+ to hold you over! Can't wait to see the e60 at a lunch in the future. Have US delivery dates been confirmed yet?
Hi Mike,
No formal date yet but based on my sources, I hope to have mine by Nov.
Sorry I'll miss this weekend with the beast. Cooper S is fun for a while, it's no M5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
congrats. Hopefully the E60 will be here soon!

Barry said:
5yrs 2mos 24days of driving pleasure :wroom:
Can't believe it wont be back in the driveway tonite :sad1:
Now the painful wait. 2 deposits on the E60 M5.
You may wonder why? Well my logic is $ in hand will make the purchase of the new one less painful and the values are dropping like lead balloons since the E60 is arround the corner.
 

·
M5 Extraordinare!
Joined
·
8,318 Posts
And you've the Land Cruiser too! Or was that a Lexus? :hihi: Hang in there, Barry! Your time will come!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Barry said:
5yrs 2mos 24days of driving pleasure :wroom:
Can't believe it wont be back in the driveway tonite :sad1:
Now the painful wait. 2 deposits on the E60 M5.
You may wonder why? Well my logic is $ in hand will make the purchase of the new one less painful and the values are dropping like lead balloons since the E60 is arround the corner.
Barry,

Sorry to hear that you sold your M5. I can understand the move with the upcoming order though. I am assuming you recieved a fair price.

Much history with your M5 and I am assuming you will have even more with the new one.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Whew! For a moment I thought you were hanging up M5ing altogether Barry.

We are all quite attached to our E39 M5’s – the best sports sedan ever delivered to these shores so far – and I understand the sadness of separating with it and the good times you had in it.:wroom:

Congratulations on moving to the E60 version though! I hope you will be able to get one sooner rather than later.:flag:

I'm very glad to know that you’ll be showing up to future M5 meets, bringing new blood into our community; M5 DNA diversity can only be a good thing!:M5thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
It's a good thing. Congratulations. And I **** well better get a ride in that E60 one day! IN THE MEAN TIME, COME CLEAN - You never shared your "Balls of Steel" award with the board, I don't think......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In theory it was a good move but you can get M5's now for around 30 grand! (not mine) but a huge selection under $40k. Can't imagine what I'd have to give it away for in 6mo's when the new one lands, $20K!!
I'm still definitely still in the "community". Got the Cooper S, Lexus LX 470 and the BMW bike (not bicycle) so enough to choose from through the summer/Fall.
Greg, I don't know what you're talking about ;) and it was discussed 4 yrs ago. For those of you who don't know, Greg and I got our M5's a couple of days appart in the early days (March '00).
I'm on 2 lists for the M5 @ MSRP so I hope it goes as I'm expecting now as I really thought I'd be driving my E60 by now when I started chomping at the bit last yr. :wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Barry said:
In theory it was a good move but you can get M5's now for around 30 grand! (not mine) but a huge selection under $40k. Can't imagine what I'd have to give it away for in 6mo's when the new one lands, $20K!!
I'm still definitely still in the "community". Got the Cooper S, Lexus LX 470 and the BMW bike (not bicycle) so enough to choose from through the summer/Fall.
Greg, I don't know what you're talking about ;) and it was discussed 4 yrs ago. For those of you who don't know, Greg and I got our M5's a couple of days appart in the early days (March '00).
I'm on 2 lists for the M5 @ MSRP so I hope it goes as I'm expecting now as I really thought I'd be driving my E60 by now when I started chomping at the bit last yr. :wroom:

Little off topic, but I may have seen you driving on Welch road on Weds. I saw a ti M5 pass me from behind by as I made a left turn. Sorry, I did not know an M5 behind me or I would have waved. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the E60!
P :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, that was me. I work at 900 Welch. Look for the CooperS :M5thumbs:
CB2002 said:
Little off topic, but I may have seen you driving on Welch road on Weds. I saw a ti M5 pass me from behind by as I made a left turn. Sorry, I did not know an M5 behind me or I would have waved. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the E60!
P :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Look forward to seeing you back with an E60, Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Barry said:
Yep, that was me. I work at 900 Welch. Look for the CooperS :M5thumbs:
I'll look for you. I'm at 770 Welch. Plan to be in the E39 for 2 more years.
:wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,516 Posts
Barry said:
5yrs 2mos 24days of driving pleasure :wroom:
Can't believe it wont be back in the driveway tonite :sad1:
Now the painful wait. 2 deposits on the E60 M5.
You may wonder why? Well my logic is $ in hand will make the purchase of the new one less painful and the values are dropping like lead balloons since the E60 is arround the corner.
Oh man... that hurts.. :sad2:

BTW, my beast passed its 60k milestone.. and still going strong (on the original clutch).. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
Hi Barry,

Great to hear that your 'chore' is done. It's always good to have one less thing on our minds. While I'm not an E60 kind of guy, will certainly enjoy a ride in one though.

Also love it that this is turning out to be an old-timer 'resurfacing' thread. Now all we need are guys like PaulMarin, JVing, etc. to pop in and say hello.

I'm hoping for a serious price drop for the 03s. They're in the mid $50ks to mid $60ks now. If and when they drop to the mid $40ks, may be I can justify getting my replacement.

Good luck with the E60, and enjoy in good health.

CP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,856 Posts
chunpng said:
Also love it that this is turning out to be an old-timer 'resurfacing' thread. Now all we need are guys like PaulMarin, JVing, etc. to pop in and say hello.
Barry, that E60 should be fun.

I'm content with the E39 for now, though I know they're rapidly depreciating into Accord territory...

So who was supposed to arrange the next karting session?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,458 Posts
Pong, i'm glad you haven't given in to the 530 yet. I know they are terrific cars, but after an M5, i just couldn't imagine going back.
Mike

chunpng said:
I'm hoping for a serious price drop for the 03s. They're in the mid $50ks to mid $60ks now. If and when they drop to the mid $40ks, may be I can justify getting my replacement.

Good luck with the E60, and enjoy in good health.

CP
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top