BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my beloved E39M5 beast in excelent condition and got me a new Toy-car.

A BMW M-Roadster (euro) with some schnitzer goodies. Test drove one the other day. Fun car to drive, and the S50B32 engine is a smooth runner.

Thinking of getting a supercharger kit and boosting the power from 321hp to 470hp.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I loved our Roadster. Had all the Dinan stuff on it except the SC.

Was a ton of fun.

But with you being in Iceland.......You better crank up the heated seats

·
Registered
540 Posts
It is indeed a fun ride. I have a S54 M Roadster - 315 hp (all stock for now) and it is like a go kart on steroids. I believe the accelleration is equal to the M5, but I'm sure it won't hang with it on the top end. But who drives over 100 much anyway.

I know a bunch of people put a SC on the S52 but not the S54. Do you have an application in mind?

best of luck

al

·
Registered
267 Posts
One of the guys on bimmerforums had a blown roadster, not even the m version and was in the 11's with it before it "had some issues".

·
Registered
754 Posts
My kind of ride. Put the top down, put the significant other under a heavy Icelandic wool blanket and put the pedal to the metal!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice pictures Fart! (The one you showed here, and the ones on the link.) Thank you for sharing them! The car looks great and I liked the location you chose for the shoot.

Is it true that in a M Roadster you can outrun the rain?! :biggrin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just bought me the say toy :M5thumbs: . It is a 1998, also an Artic Silver with 321 Hp (S50b32 engine), I guess in your case, the color matches the scenery. I still need to pick it up (6 hour drive). I know it doesn't have DSC or AST so should be a thrill of a ride!
Please keep me posted on your mods. I'm not sure if those from Dinan will work since this engine was not for the US market, Schnitzer should defintely work.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I had one but sold it recently. It was a lot of fun. Look into getting something called the Body Brace (you also need front and rear strut braces). It's sold by Strong Strut, the same guy who is now offering a front strut brace for the e39 M5. I got one and it totally transformed the car into a much better handler. What it does is stiffen the chassis so the suspension can do its work better. I found it so good I didn't do any more suspension mods to my car than that. Only minus is that it hangs down under the car a bit so you lose maybe 1" in ground clearance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts