BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting some feelers out to sell my '08 LCI SMG M5. I bought it from another member on this board approximately four years ago with 50k on it. It now has 87k and has been my daily driver, but is well taken care of and maintained.

2008 LCI M5 SMG
Evolve-R Tune Stage 2
RPI GTS Exhaust
RPI Ram Air Induction Kit
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Spacers 12MM front 12MM rear
Matte Black Front and Side Grills
Trinity 20W Angel Eyes
Trinity Full Interior LED & LED License Plate Lights
Trinity Smoked LED Side Markers & Solaris Bulbs
BMWPedals Black Aluminum Pedals

Currently covered under USAA exclusionary extended warranty until July and is transferable (I'll have to get the details of that). Here are some key maintenance items that have been done since I've owned it. I have full records from the time I've owned it and have detailed what I was able to find out about previous history. The previous owner didn't have complete records, but the car went through a thorough PPI before I purchased it.

Alternator replaced - 56k
Full brakes - Pads, rotors, sensors, brake lines and flush - 60k
SMG pump replacement - 60k
Throttle actuator, Bank 2 - 60k
Tires - 62k
Clutch replaced and remaining SMG valving replaced - 78k
Tires and rear window gasket - 80k
iDrive unit replaced - 80k

The only noticeable wear on the interior is the driver's side door arm rest and the center console armrest. Otherwise everything else is near mint. I can send pics as requested. Asking is $20k negotiable.

·
Registered
504 Posts
rod bearings service? and is the warranty transferrable then renewable?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rod bearings have NOT been done. Warranty is transferable. I'll have to ask about the ability to renew, but I believe as long as it's under 100K, they will renew it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update - warranty has expired and additional maintenance has been done at around 90k

Bank 1 throttle actuator replaced
1 VANOS unit replaced
Rod bearings replaced

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update, I just purchased another extended warranty for it and I think I may be keeping the car. I've hit most of the "high pucker" items on it at this point and think I may just keep it for the time being.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dave you gotta keep her! I'd be interested to know how the bearings looked. I had a pretty good feeling when I owned it that it was well taken care of previously.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, sorry. Hanging onto her for now unless I get someone interested.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally getting around to posting the pics of the old bearings. I'm thinking about selling again. Really wanting to get an F10 now. As you can see number 9 was in BAD shape.....probably was ready to go at any time. My previous statement about them not being "too bad" was totally wrong.....as I hadn't seen the pictures.

IMG_3925.jpeg IMG_3926.jpeg

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just put new Continental tires on it all the way around and the power steering pressure line was replaced as it was leaking badly. Current mileage 91k

·
Registered
73 Posts
Putting some feelers out to sell my '08 LCI SMG M5. I bought it from another member on this board approximately four years ago with 50k on it. It now has 87k and has been my daily driver, but is well taken care of and maintained.

2008 LCI M5 SMG
Evolve-R Tune Stage 2
RPI GTS Exhaust
RPI Ram Air Induction Kit
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Spacers 12MM front 12MM rear
Matte Black Front and Side Grills
Trinity 20W Angel Eyes
Trinity Full Interior LED & LED License Plate Lights
Trinity Smoked LED Side Markers & Solaris Bulbs
BMWPedals Black Aluminum Pedals

Currently covered under USAA exclusionary extended warranty until July and is transferable (I'll have to get the details of that). Here are some key maintenance items that have been done since I've owned it. I have full records from the time I've owned it and have detailed what I was able to find out about previous history. The previous owner didn't have complete records, but the car went through a thorough PPI before I purchased it.

Alternator replaced - 56k
Full brakes - Pads, rotors, sensors, brake lines and flush - 60k
SMG pump replacement - 60k
Throttle actuator, Bank 2 - 60k
Tires - 62k
Clutch replaced and remaining SMG valving replaced - 78k
Tires and rear window gasket - 80k
iDrive unit replaced - 80k

The only noticeable wear on the interior is the driver's side door arm rest and the center console armrest. Otherwise everything else is near mint. I can send pics as requested. Asking is $20k negotiable.
Any photos? where are you located? what is current price?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any photos? where are you located? what is current price?
Located in East Tennessee. Price is $20k. I can take some more pics of the interior. I just don't have any recent ones. The only interior issue is some wear on the driver's door arm rest and the center console arm rest. There's also one scratch under the driver's door side mirror. The rest of the exterior is in really good shape minus normal road debris wear. Everything works

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That black speck on the back seat on the driver's side is a fly that decided to jump in on the pic that I just noticed. You can see it's not there when I took the pic from the passenger side......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SOLD! On it's way to the new owner! I hope he enjoys it as much as I have. I will miss it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got my replacement after almost 4 weeks of transportation issues getting it to me. 2016 Competition package!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts