BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The time has come to part with my favorite car ever. I'm making room for another E39 M5 project, and this one has to go, unfortunately. Car in located in Chicago.

I’m the 3rd owner of this car. I purchased this car from EAG in 2011 with 63,135 miles, after their conditioning/refresh. The first owner owned it until 60k miles in California. The second owner owned it for all of 2k miles.

The car has been very well maintained and always garaged under my care. It has never seen snow. I put it away every November on a battery tender and bring it out in May.
It has never seen rear passengers, and has very rarely seen a front seat passenger. It is completely rust free.

I have a binder of previous maintenance history as well as maintenance under my care.

Mods/Updates:
Skene Design Front License Plate Holder (so as to not drill into front of bumper)
Euro sliding armrest
TEC cupholder
Evolve Medusa Headers (67k miles)
Evolve 200 Cell Sport Cars (67k miles)
Evolve Tune (67k miles) (Cold start delete so as to not piss off the neighbors)
Muffler Delete with Timmay Tips (67k miles)
(I genuinely think the headers + muffler delete is the best setup for our beasts. Puts a smile on my face every time. No drone at all.)
OEM Front Bumper replaced and paint matched by dealer to address being backed into while parallel parked (69k)
OEM Read Bumper replaced and paint matched by dealer after fender bender at traffic light (71k miles)
Refurbished headlights with DJ Auto Lenses, Evo XR2 projectors, Osram 66240 CBB, Orion V4 and Euro style clear lenses (72k)
New Duralast H9-AGM Battery (72k miles)
Refinished Style 65 wheels with new Michelin PS AS4 tires (72k miles)

Shortcomings:
The drivers side rear door has some rock chips.
The drivers side mirror has some scratches.
Drivers side rear wheel is missing the center wheel cap

Asking Price:
$36,000

Exterior Pics:

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Speedometer White Vehicle Tachometer Gauge

Speedometer Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle

Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
995 Posts
Very nice. Stance looks more aggressive than stock, maybe just the pics? Small thing but thumbs up for Skene plate holder, have one as well. GLWS!

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is a beautiful car.

Just curious.. EAG talks (or used to) a big game about their ‘first right of refusal’ — your car, by the book is prime EAG inventory with respect to LCI, condition and mileage. Your asking price is very reasonable. Was their offer that low?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a beautiful car.

Just curious.. EAG talks (or used to) a big game about their ‘first right of refusal’ — your car, by the book is prime EAG inventory with respect to LCI, condition and mileage. Your asking price is very reasonable. Was their offer that low?
EAG is indeed very good about buying back their own cars, as long as they are stock (Dinan examples are exceptions). Mine is no longer stock with the headers, cat pipes and muffler delete.

·
Registered
92 Posts
EAG is indeed very good about buying back their own cars, as long as they are stock (Dinan examples are exceptions). Mine is no longer stock with the headers, cat pipes and muffler delete.
Cool. I suppose if no interest here, then … back to stock and back to EAG is an option.
Good luck! It appears to be a super nice example.

·
Registered
995 Posts
<Q>Cool. I suppose if no interest here, then … back to stock and back to EAG is an option.</Q>

Don't think that's how it works. Once things are done car is no longer stock. Maybe exceptions for things like headlights and software.

·
Registered
92 Posts
<Q>Cool. I suppose if no interest here, then … back to stock and back to EAG is an option.</Q>

Don't think that's how it works. Once things are done car is no longer stock. Maybe exceptions for things like headlights and software.
These are bolt ons, seems like an easy thing to undo.
Either way, this is a:

“reasonably priced, low mile e39 m5” <-oxymoron.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts