BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate to do it, but it is time to part with my M5. Too many projects and it is ready for a new owner. I've tried to be open/honest with both highlights and low lights. If you are a perfectionist, this probably isn't the car for you. It needs some love on the body and paint, but it is a very solid car mechanically. There are a few issues that every twenty year old car is going to experience. I'm not pricing it very aggressively considering the condition and mileage but I think the asking price is fair. I have some documentation for some of the parts but I'm not much of a organizer so some of it has gone missing. Almost all of the work was done by me, except for the installation of the Dinan differential.

2000 BMW M5

136,xxx miles
5.0l DOHC V8 6 speed manual transmission. 9/99 build date.

Very good mechanical condition overall. I've owned the car for about 12 years since 104,000 miles. Everything mechanical that needed attention has been addressed. I'm very particular that my cars are in good mechanical condition and have spent thousands maintaining and upgrading this car. A lot of stuff replaced "while I was there". Far as I can tell everything is working as it should.
All suspension and sub-frame bushings changed, and all suspension arms, ball joints changed front and rear. New rear brake rotors and pads, BMW. Fronts have plenty of life and are StopTech pads and rotors.
Square wheel setup with 18x9.5 factory wheels and Pilot Super Sport 275/35-18 all around. Lots of tread life left on the tires.

Negatives: Biggest thing hurting this car is the paint needs attention in spots. There is some rust forming on the rockers and bottom of driver side doors. A few parking lot dings here and there. Still has 3m clear bra on the front bumper that is showing its age. Seat has some fading and light cracking but can be refurbished. Wheels could use a refinish, but aren't terrible. The passenger side mirror recently went dark. Sunroof needs a little assistance to push down air deflector when closing.

Additional updates and upgrades:

Dinan springs
Koni adjustable shocks F&R
Dinan rear anti-roll bar.
Dinan 3.45 differential, with new CV joint.
Evolve tune. External Air temp sensor added to run Alpha-N if desired
Custom Muffler delete exhaust with Vibrant resonators added (OE mufflers available). Sounds awesome, not loud at idle or cruising but lets you know you are in a performance car above 4000 rpm.
VANOS solenoids cleaned and refurbished. Updated VANOS covers. New cam sensors
E60 Short shifter. New shifter and trans mount bushings.
Brake ducts opened and installed
Oil pan modified with SS drain bushing
New headlight lenses.
Fuel pump replaced with Walbro 355. New Fuel filter.
Regular oil/filter changes. Fresh change this week with Liqui-Moly 10W-60.

Located in SE Wisconsin. City of Mequon, just North of Milwaukee.
More pics available, let me know what you want to see.

$13,500

PM through the board

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can supply additional pics as needed. Reasonable offers considered.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is Sold. Thanks for interest. I'll have some spare parts listed in a couple days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts