BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Been covered a few times on here already, there are many people with either Evolve, Eurocharged or ESS and are happy with what they have.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hey Evolve, I am bored with my Eurocharged tune. can I use that cable to load your tune or do i have to take it to a dealer?

·
Registered
513 Posts
yes, me too. i assume we are talking about the dkan cable? i would like to know the answer to that as well. reasy to purchase evolve tune also..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You have to purchase Evolve's cable to send your stock file and load the tuned file yourself. Its locked to your car after the 1st use so you can't use it on any other car.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yea I got the Evolve Alpha N tune. I love it, Is it worth the extra??? Dont know, but getting rid of the MAF sensors is enough for me.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hey guys...anybody with the evolve tune get the alpha n tune? evolve just said theres no power difference its just smoother, pretty vague for double the price...lol.

I wouldn't bother with Alpha N not worth the price difference. Plus if your state does OBD emissions inspection expect to fail like the other guys on here who have Alpha N. Just go with the regular one and you'll be fine.

Reactions: DocsV10

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Alpha N is good for the following:

You can relocate the Air temp sensor away from the heat of the engine (as long as your intake allows)
You can run a custom intake without screwing with the MAF scaling which causes Increased Emissions error.

You could argue that the getting rid of the MAF's helps with unrestricted airflow, is all this worth the extra money :3:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx for the input guys. I think I will pass on the alpha n. I only have 33k miles on my beast so i dont think i want to take out the mafs for no reason. Everything is still pretty much factory, dont want to tinker with things that are not broken. And evolve is telling me there wont really be a power difference between the two. Going with the regular tune then! BTW, i live in Cali but keep her registered in Fla, no emissions testing or high registration for me! Ive been lucky and gotten several passes on the limo tint also due to the Fla tag. Fingers crossed. Again, thx for all the help guys! Would love to listen to everyones exhaust, been waiting to pull the trigger on that!

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Thx for the input guys. I think I will pass on the alpha n. I only have 33k miles on my beast so i dont think i want to take out the mafs for no reason. Everything is still pretty much factory, dont want to tinker with things that are not broken. And evolve is telling me there wont really be a power difference between the two. Going with the regular tune then! BTW, i live in Cali but keep her registered in Fla, no emissions testing or high registration for me! Ive been lucky and gotten several passes on the limo tint also due to the Fla tag. Fingers crossed. Again, thx for all the help guys! Would love to listen to everyones exhaust, been waiting to pull the trigger on that!

Cali is a big place.....whereabouts are you located...S.Cal or N.Cal?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts