BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know all the differences in the lastest software version for our cars? Mine is 06 but has just had new software and a new instrument cluster fitted due to some issue's I was not happy with.
I noticed the new silver display and the different menus but was curious as to any other changes I have not yet noticed.
Also it could be my imagination but the pixels on the new dash seem to be a little more 'ragged' than before and I think the green light for M mode is also in a slightly more to the left position than before.
If anyone has an 05/06 & 08 face lifted car could they perhaps check this out, it will help me decide if I need a visit to the nut house or not !:1zhelp:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didnt know they were going to re-place it but whilst checking other things they found something wrong with the rev counter ? so a new one was orderd and installed. I think the turn signal noise might be a little different as well, seems a bit louder than before.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Many lights have been repositioned in the newer instrument cluster. Also the cruise control arrow now lights up green whereas in the old it was unlit and red. And yes, the font is a little bit bolder in the new cluster. Other than that the rest is the same.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, thought I was going a bit mad there. You would think that the newer cluster would be better from the quality side than the older one but I think the older one had a much better display clarity.
Do you know if the turn signals are louder as well?

·
Registered
593 Posts
thanks, thought I was going a bit mad there. You would think that the newer cluster would be better from the quality side than the older one but I think the older one had a much better display clarity.
Do you know if the turn signals are louder as well?
Like I said, no other changes than the ones I wrote above. Sound of the turn signals appears the same to me. I could post images of the two doing a selftest when I get a chance. That way you can see the difference. However the owners manuals (2006 - 2008) should propbably also show the differences in lights positions. The owners manuals can be downloaded. I never downloaded the newest so I can't tell for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts