BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed softclose on m6/650/etc doors? I've been looking at the parts list. It looks like all I need is the mechanism and the adaptor. Do I need the stealer reprogram anything?
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Has anybody installed softclose on m6/650/etc doors? I've been looking at the parts list. It looks like all I need is the mechanism and the adaptor. Do I need the stealer reprogram anything?
There have been no posts about retrofitting soft close, so you can be the first hiha
Soft close is a stand alone function, that does not interact with other systems in the car. Reprogramming should not be needed.
The attached document contains information about the soft close feature. Page 8 contains this note:
There is no diagnostic function for the automatic soft close function drive
in the diagnostics system. Retrofitting the automatic soft close function
is only possible with great effort and is thus not foreseen.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clyde,
Thanks for the info. I think the best is to order driver side parts first and see if it could be installed. If I can, I'll post the instructions.
Thanks,
P.S. Where did you get the pdf from?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I will be interested to see how difficult and costly this is as the page 8 note is rather off-setting for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would probably start with installing the passenger door...just in case you get back in! j/k Hope it goes well!

maybe I can get the soft close trunk from the 7 and put it on the M6 Trunk!

Subscribed!

·
Registered
22 Posts
trail blazing

It seems to me one would have to cut into the doors and install the modules. Maybe it would be easier to find a wrecked 6 that had them already installed and R&R the door. Looks to be a pricey endeavor either way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
subscribing

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok spoke to the tech who installed the function for my friends. He explained the process to me,and confirmed its a simple process, but i didn't understand a word. If someone with good DIY skill and who understands the doors on the M6 PM me their number so I could have him call you. I need someone who could be willing to do a complete writeup so other members can make use of it. He said he can show me the process but I'm not interested in the mod and I am not very eager to have my panel opened up.
As you can see this was my reaction

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Jaff,

Between 23-28th of December I will be in Amman-Jordan, can you please arrange me a meeting with this technical guy? I am willing to do this mod and if he did it already to a 6 series it would be great to see him and talk about the parts I have to change.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts