BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 M5 has had a soft brake pedal since I got it. I have had the dealer pressure bleed the system, same feel. I had a 635CSi with the same feel. Does not inspire confidence. Are they all this way or do you have a firm, hard pedal? Any tips on bleeding the system?

Tom Lesko

·
Registered
146 Posts
My M5's pedals don't feel like my Indycar, F40 or 348...but it is firm and has good feel to it.

I have a vacuum bleeder that I got from Griot's Garage that works great. You might try that.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Tom,

Ask your dealer to bleed the brake system with one person pumping the brake pedal and using the DIS tester to run the DSC/ABS unit, and it´s feeder pump.

The TIS repair instructions for brakes 34 00 048 and 34 00 050 describe the procedures. Have them perform both to the letter.

"Normal" brake bleeding doesn´t get air trapped in those parts out, since the electrically controlled valves are shut.

I had this done on my car, and it did produce a bit of air.

Best Regs,

David

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
tmlesko said:
My 2000 M5 has had a soft brake pedal since I got it. I have had the dealer pressure bleed the system, same feel. I had a 635CSi with the same feel. Does not inspire confidence. Are they all this way or do you have a firm, hard pedal? Any tips on bleeding the system?

Tom Lesko
Dave Z. commented on all this here:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52187

1 - 5 of 5 Posts