BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My quest to find the best mods continue for my M6 Convert which has now hit production. Hopefully about 7 weeks away.

I'm in LA, and having been going around town trying to find the best deals on
1) Tubi exhaust, lowest price I've found is $3K installed at Globe Tire and Motorsports. Difference between the Rumore and the regular Tubi????
2) High quality 20-inch rims, however I don't have the cash to get HRE's or the top of the line AC Schnitzer's. I'm looking to spend between $4-6K with rubber. What are some other quality rims for this price range. I've looked into Asanti's etc, some look great (AF144), but I've heard their build quality is questionable.
3) Drop the car about an inch, inch and a half. H&R? Do I need spacers?

Anyone point me in a good direction? I've gone to Platinum (guy was a F-in idiot), Al and Ed's (seems way over priced), Globe (resonable) and a few others.

All the best

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
Drop by our shop sometime in Paramount. We'd be glad to talk with you about some of the differences between the available choices.

1. In terms of those exhausts, the Rumore is a good step louder than the standard Tubi. For most people the standard one may be the better way to go. If you want to increase the sound more than that, there's always aftermarket section 1 and section 2 pieces. If you go right for the Rumore and it's too loud, there's no way to go quieter.

2. There are a lot of different choices in your price range. I think it really depends on what you like the look of, and if you care about things like forging, weight, etc. It's important to get a set with the right width and offsets though.

3. H&R seem to be on the stiffer side in relation to other spring choices. With the H&R and 20" wheels, you may be noticing a pretty sizable decrease in comfort. You should be aware of this before you buy. There are a few softer choices. In terms of spacers, it depends on the wheels you get.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
155 Posts
i use to be from L.A....i've heard alotta positive feedback from SP Engineering. i think they get really good deals on ACS and a number of other brands. there's a representitive on our forums...drop him a holla.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
not to thread jack, but i have some 20" Aicona's that are on my M3 you might be interested in ....check out my garage

·
Registered
397 Posts
Warren,<O:p</O:p
<O:p
I'm glad you created this thread... a new member and still figuring out how to navigate. I just took delivery of my White / Silverstone 2008 M6 coupe in December.<O:p</O:p
Planning on upgrading on the same things. Haven’t made a decision on the exhaust or springs but the wheels will most likely be Forgelines (www.forgeline.com). Check out there site. I'm told they have a good reputation. Good luck!!! *.*<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hey guys,

My quest to find the best mods continue for my M6 Convert which has now hit production. Hopefully about 7 weeks away.

1) Tubi exhaust, lowest price I've found is $3K installed at Globe Tire and Motorsports. Difference between the Rumore and the regular Tubi????
2) High quality 20-inch rims, however I don't have the cash to get HRE's or the top of the line AC Schnitzer's. I'm looking to spend between $4-6K with rubber. What are some other quality rims for this price range. I've looked into Asanti's etc, some look great (AF144), but I've heard their build quality is questionable.

Anyone point me in a good direction? I've gone to Platinum (guy was a F-in idiot), Al and Ed's (seems way over priced), Globe (resonable) and a few others.

All the best
I am in Socal and have done my mods with Evosport (Simon is who I talk to), Race Precision (Eloy or see thread above) (RPI) and Bavarian Workshop (Marc owner, I did just Dinan stuff, camber plates, front roll control and rear sway.)

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm in SoCal and would highly reccomend platinummotorsport bottom line they know there **** and for sure your car will roll outta there looking sick speaking from personal visits.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey guys,

All the best

So Warren,

Have you made a decision on who you will be going with? I have the same dilemma. :dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Warren,

Have you made a decision on who you will be going with? I have the same dilemma. :dunno:
I think I'm going with the Tubi's, I've spoken to a few people about it and it seems to be the best sounding exhaust. Not as loud and raw as the Eisenmann Race, but much more exotic sounding.

As far as wheels go, I've had no luck. I'm trying to sort out which wheels are actually good, relatively light weight and aren't insanely expensive. A lot of these designer wheels are complete garbage and will only slow your car down. Any progress on your side?

As far as springs go, I think Eibach might be the best, or maybe Hartge, Hamann. I've done some research and apparently the H&R's are VERY stiff.

You got any other ideas?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think I'm going with the Tubi's, I've spoken to a few people about it and it seems to be the best sounding exhaust. Not as loud and raw as the Eisenmann Race, but much more exotic sounding.

As far as wheels go, I've had no luck. I'm trying to sort out which wheels are actually good, relatively light weight and aren't insanely expensive. A lot of these designer wheels are complete garbage and will only slow your car down. Any progress on your side?

As far as springs go, I think Eibach might be the best, or maybe Hartge, Hamann. I've done some research and apparently the H&R's are VERY stiff.

You got any other ideas?
I know, so hard to make an decision. I'm really considering the DPE Signature Series. Race Precision is having a sale on them. After a few PM's I found out that the Signature Series are 3 piece forged weighting anywhere from 23-26 pounds, That's light.

For the exhaust, leaning towards Eisenmann Sport. I did some reading up on the company and they do a lot of work for some big tuners and manuf. That make me feel better about the company. Tubi was my orginal choice but they haven't been around long enough to prove themselves. The Sport is much quiter than the Race model and thats good because don't want wake the neighbors everytime I start up the car.

For the springs I decided on ACS. Yes there expensive, almost double the amount of Eibachs or H+R's but the performance shop you choose can special order them with special specs to sit perfectly on your car. I believe ACS get the springs from Eibach but the ASC will fine tune them. I'm not sure but RD Sport should be the tuner for H+R springs. You hear constant complaints about H+R's but none about RD Sport. Not 100% sure about this info but it sounds like it make sense to me.

Lot's of researching and still undecided. :dunno::sad3:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Drop me a line tomorrow. 626-333-5398.

ACS has a nice drip, rides bumpy if the road surface is not smooth. That's going to be a given with any spring kit though. RDSport will SLAM the car, looks good if you have wheels. Ride is nice too. We've also done H&R's on a few M5/M6's. Haven't had any complaints with those either.

For wheels, we offer Rays(Volk), BBS, IForged, NEEZ, Work, etc... tire mount/balance in house and we can install your TMPS as well.

Exhaust systems I would suggest a Dixis. For roughly $4K, you get a full titanium system with an awesome sound. Quality is second to none.

Thanks!

Ed @ SP-POWER

1 - 11 of 11 Posts