BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just want to kick-off planning for our next meet. Hopefully we can make it even more fun.

Please respond with your preference for the 2 following:

**November 13 or December 4 (both are Saturdays away from the Holiday weekend days.

** Preference for starting area.

The area we decide to start will tell us which of us will determine the meeting location. That person knows his own area best.

The rest of the drive is up for discussion, of course.

When we finish all the planning, a new thread tallying up the potential participants will be posted along with official meeting time and place along with details. That will be 2 days out from the meet to give all plenty of time to check the final post for the meet.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sounds like the time is near to pull in the anchor and set the sail on Yachtliner7... hiha

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
So Cal M5 said:
:haha2: :haha2: :haha2:

Either date should work for me. I'm also open to whatever meeting place we choose.
How about at the Long Beach harbor... :hihi: :haha: :hihi: :haha:

·
Registered
682 Posts
How about North San Diego (palomar mtn.) or South Orange (ortega hwy).:cheers:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wow, sounds like we are off to a great start, good to know that many are flexible about start point; I am too, as I don't mind starting off earlier to drive to it, it's about the road time and rest stops afterall, so variety doesn't hurt.

We've all done Palomar before- great routes- very tight roads, however, and the great observatory and parking lot at the top.

Long Beach Harbor sounds fascinating as we've not been there, I don't think.

Since the first that chimed in seem to favor the November date, perhaps we are close to being firm about that. So by the end of this upcoming week we should settle on a start point and time.

Any more areas of interest for start from other participants?

Chuckc, what would be a point of interest at the Harbor, could you give us a background? Last I hung out there was over 10 years ago when the Spruce Goose and Queen Mary was there.

Keep those ideas coming, thanks.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Falb said:
How about North San Diego (palomar mtn.) or South Orange (ortega hwy).:cheers:
How about Singing Hills San Diego 11.20.04 :haha:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Long Beach is good. If u fellas want, we can stop by EF1 / DPE Wheels in Signal Hill and i can introduce you and show u the shop. Good clean work, maintenance, upgrades, etc.. cheap costs. I have no financial affilation with them, just like the services they have provided. The shop is very very nice. NIce eye candy on site usually.

Just suggesting, otherwise Im down again.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Wang said:
Chuckc, what would be a point of interest at the Harbor, could you give us a background? Last I hung out there was over 10 years ago when the Spruce Goose and Queen Mary was there.

Keep those ideas coming, thanks.
Oh my reference to the harbor was just a joke since my 745i was viewed as a "boat" in the previous socal drive thread. But I do know that the Queen Mary is still there. hiha

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EF1 / DPE Wheels in Signal Hill near Long Beach sounds like a good stop We have one volunteer for the activity of the day- Gorilla Beast thanks for the offer, we'll wait to hear back of others' ideas. I like the idea of all of our cars going through Long Beach then out to wherever we are headed. It's like fine machinery going through industrial area/town, there's something cool about that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
?????? :cheers:
Chuckc said:
Oh my reference to the harbor was just a joke since my 745i was viewed as a "boat" in the previous socal drive thread. But I do know that the Queen Mary is still there. hiha

·
Registered
636 Posts
Might be able to go to this one although i have to check my schedule. Is the "dark" side still welcome? :3: :hihi: :haha: :hihi: :haha: Also i can probably invite my buddy with the 996TT. WCadiz you should be all over this mang! :D Let me know.

Thanks Wang

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like the E60 meet is geared more towards the new 5 'er, not special Beasts like M5s. I think ours will be a more high performance oriented meet with much rarer vehicles...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Wang said:
Looks like the E60 meet is geared more towards the new 5 'er, not special Beasts like M5s. I think ours will be a more high performance oriented meet with much rarer vehicles...
and one land yacht.. hiha

1 - 20 of 53 Posts