BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How far is anyone willing to drive? I guess maybe better question is where is everyone located and maybe does anyone has any preferences in terms of meet spot and location? That will help with the spot search.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Last weekend was the Professor Run which is usually Porsches but the route they go is pretty fantastic. I live in Glendale which is just south of Angeles Crest Forest Highway. I'd totally be down to help set up something like the professor run https://www.instagram.com/theprofessorrun/ but for M5s

I've been without my M5 for almost 2.5 months due to being rear-ended. But this I should have the car back on Thursday afternoon. Are there any plans to do another in the near future, preferably Saturday (Sundays I gotta be back in town by 10:00).

The meeting spot for the professor run has been behind a Starbucks in La Canada https://goo.gl/maps/aRAKywJj7cA2
It's a great place to meet, plenty of parking and actually a sweet spot to shoot your car.

As far as distance goes the professor run was broken into two stages the first ended out near Gorman around 12:30-1:00 and started at like 8:00. Really was fantastic driving- I've got a buddy with an e46 m3 that would be down to come along as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How far is anyone willing to drive? I guess maybe better question is where is everyone located and maybe does anyone has any preferences in terms of meet spot and location? That will help with the spot search.
Dream_of_Bimmer what do you think? I can probably get a buddy of mine to come with, and I'll ask around at the shop if any of the M coupe guys would like to go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Dream_of_Bimmer what do you think? I can probably get a buddy of mine to come with, and I'll ask around at the shop if any of the M coupe guys would like to go.
Yeah I'm down, I don't have anything planned. Just gotta find a good shop to go change my oil before the cruise haha :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So are we set on the cruise Saturday May 5th?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I think Giocchino was talking about something like The Professor run or similar, we can do something like that. So far I've only driven through Angeles Crest, Ortega and Santiago canyons, if there are other scenic roads we can drive there too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So if we don't get anything set up like the professor run then I'll make some route suggestions tonight and post them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Alright so here is the mini cruise on Angeles Crest. Anyone please feel free to suggest something else.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Starbucks,+1929+Verdugo,+#A,+La+Cañada+Flintridge,+CA+91011/34.2619406,-118.112626/@34.25277,-118.1812003,13z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x80c2ea0f9a865463:0xfcab1a63399fa085!2m2!1d-118.2175944!2d34.2060669!1m0!3e0

I'm guessing we can meet up at that Starbucks around 7:30 am maybe? Too early/too late? Let me know. We can cruise about 15 miles deep on ACH, there is a very big turnout spot, take a few pics, then head back. Please let me know within next 2-3 hours before I head to bed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Welp, no one said anything so I just drove through entire ACH this morning, truly scenic drive with no cars.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
My old phone died on me, and I lost almost half of my contacts (it is a brick sadly, nothing can be recovered and I did not back it up). Got a new phone, but my number is the same. Can people send me a text with their car and remind me briefly where did we cruise together (if we did at all) hehe @ 415-806-1266? Thanks!

41 - 60 of 65 Posts