BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
TIME CHANGED! Back to our old meetup time of 9am and run time of 10am! We will do lunch at The Heights Restaurant as usual.

Hey everyone! I know it's right after the last meet but I figured might as well plan early. I missed the last one since I was up at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for MotoGP so I can't wait!

Sticking with our normal "back and forth," since the last one is in Palomar, we'll make this one GMR!

So the plan is to meet up at the Starbucks in Glendora at 9am. We'll chat as normal, grab coffee, and head up GMR at 10am sharp.

Starbucks:
1832 E Route 66 # A
Glendora, CA 91740-3804
(626) 857-1879

Our exit off Baldy/GMR spits us out right by the Heights Restaurant, which has some great food. Those who wish can sit down and enjoy some lunch with our fellow car enthusiasts.

The Heights Restaurant:
1883 North Campus Ave.
Upland, CA 91784
(909) 981-3663
heightsrestaurantbar.com

As always, please check back with this thread close to meet and run date in case things change. I googled a bit and couldn't find any events on GMR planned for that day.

Thanks and I hope to see everyone there!

1. Revo
20.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Will not miss this one. List me!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'd love to go but seriously, 7am? I don't even get up for work that early. Sorry but that's just way too early for most (IMO). If others feel the same and speak up, let's do 9am like the old days and meet up for lunch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Yep it was me that suggested the earlier start time. Those who just did Palomar with me this past Sat experienced no other cars on the mountain to get stuck behind and no bikes/skateboards etc. It was pure joy and splitting up the groups allowed folks to really push their beasts if they wanted to.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one as I'm planning on doing Targa Trophy LA to Vegas which starts that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BMWDave and khyber

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd love to go but seriously, 7am? I don't even get up for work that early. Sorry but that's just way too early for most (IMO). If others feel the same and speak up, let's do 9am like the old days and meet up for lunch.
Alright, if more people speak up about wanting the original start time, we can do that as well.

After the Palomar runs with no traffic, it's really disappointing to have to deal with that on a road as great as GMR - and really, at the speeds some of us run at, it's really quite dangerous to run into a lot of traffic (especially bicyclists) and in a way I see why they get mad at us - so the new (extremely) early time was in an attempt to avoid traffic. Our last run was slightly earlier than our normal 9am meet up - 10am run (we ended up running at around 9am - which was 1 hour earlier) and I'm sure you guys remember getting stuck behind the brown van and the rest of the traffic up there...

The last time I did GMR I did it Friday morning (the company I intern at is on a 9/80 work week, so every other Friday I have off), and it was GREAT to do the run with practically no traffic.

Revo

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeah, I recall the brown van. But to be completely honest, we shouldn't be using GMR as our private race track. I'm all for spirited runs, but we should respect others and share the road. I would still enjoy it just as much if we just ran it at a decent pace and have lunch after around 11am-ish.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I recall the brown van. But to be completely honest, we shouldn't be using GMR as our private race track. I'm all for spirited runs, but we should respect others and share the road. I would still enjoy it just as much if we just ran it at a decent pace and have lunch after around 11am-ish.
I know...and I'm definitely not running at 100%. I always leave some room for error. But I still feel it's smart to just try to avoid traffic, even if it means getting up a bit on the early side.

We'll see what everyone else says. At worst, I wouldn't mind doing two runs lol. One with the early group, one with the later group.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
you doing Targa Trophy too?! I'm actually awaiting confirmation of my co-pilot for Targa then I'll be registering right away.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Funny I was wondering when the next GMR run would be....I'm IN!
This should be fun breaking in the new ride...

In regards to time, we could always compromise at 8 am but I like 730 to avoid traffic. It does suck when you're stuck behind a soccer mom.
C&C Irvine and Supercar Sundays start at like 630

Reactions: Revo

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think I might be in norcal that weekend, have to check.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Earlier is always better for runs, but lately I find I'd rather just sleep in on weekends. If you guys are around the area.....mid to late afternoon runs on the weekdays during the summer are great for GMR. Not a soul in sight.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What's going on with this...do we have a quorum?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Earlier is always better for runs, but lately I find I'd rather just sleep in on weekends. If you guys are around the area.....mid to late afternoon runs on the weekdays during the summer are great for GMR. Not a soul in sight.
Yeah I do this a lot. Just went on Tuesday in fact.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's going on with this...do we have a quorum?
I dunno...so far only JT has an issue with the time...

I'll compromise. 8:59

Hahahhaah :)
LOL. I'm fine with either time, I guess. I'll probably do a solo run super early in the morning and then do another run with you guys later.

If no one speaks up in favor of the earlier time, I guess we can just do our normal time.

So who WANTS the early start time? Speak up if you do!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If others prefer an early start time then by all means go for it. Don't change it just for me. I don't want to inconvienience anyone. If I get up in time then I will see you all there. No worries.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
If others prefer an early start time then by all means go for it. Don't change it just for me. I don't want to inconvienience anyone. If I get up in time then I will see you all there. No worries.
I can't see how letting everyone sleep in will inconvenience them LOL. I'll admit, the one nice thing about the later start time is that the restaurant is open when we finally get to it...

1 - 20 of 109 Posts