BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate myself for not having posted this here earlier but just in case any of you are NOT a member of the E39 M5 Owners Group on FB (you should be!), I'm organizing a group by With Matt (formerly of GSR Technik, Jailbreak, etc.) for tuning our cars. WE ALREADY HIT 10+ PEOPLE so all tunes will be $500. We are setting up a local dyno day here in SoCal 1st or 2nd Saturday of January, but you can also opt for a remote dyno tune, or a remote flash tune.

My original post and update below. Payment is due by tomorrow at midnight and you're more than welcome to push out your remote dyno tune or flash tune to whatever day needed (i.e. if you have upcoming mods or maintenance you want to get done first). Reply or PM with any questions!

-------------------------

M5 REMOTE FLASH & DYNO TUNE GROUP BUY

The man, the myth, the legend, and former fellow E39 M5 owner+enthusiast Matt Pedram Bekam is offering a rare opportunity at getting one of his coveted custom tunes at a highly discounted rate. Matt’s tunes have shown time and time again to not only show gains over the stock tune, but often times over competitors’ tunes as well. Options such as SAP delete, top speed governor removal, increase RPM rev limit, etc. can be included at the buyer’s request.

Normal Price:
$1,000 for custom dyno tune (incl. dyno time at $100/hr)
$800 for remote flash tune

GB Price @ 5 People:
$700 for custom dyno tune
$600 for remote flash tune

GB Price @ 10+ People:
$500 for custom dyno tune (!!!)
$500 for remote flash tune

For those interested in the dyno tune, a date will be set soon as we get a better gauge on number of cars. It will most likely be on a Friday or Saturday as the dyno shop is closed Sundays and Mondays. Location is set at 7281 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, CA 92683 (https://goo.gl/2wYH1B).

For those interested in a remote flash tune, you will need this cable (https://goo.gl/FZgpdB) and Matt will guide you through the rest.

Payments will be collected via Paypal, Venmo, credit card – no checks – hopefully within a few days of the scheduled dyno day. Remote flash buyers can start making payments as soon as the group buy sign-up period ends at which point Matt will reach out to you to immediately get the remote tune process started. I'll make sure to keep this thread updated.
Reply below with either dyno tune or remote tune. Who's in??

---------------------
UPDATE 11/25:

We got over 30 people!

Here are those who have expressed interest. Let me know if I marked you down for the wrong type of tune and I’ll update.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a4WvJoMh8RTFQyH6yik4e6krziE0T2KGv472Hql-ZlQ/edit?usp=sharing

**$500 PAYMENT IS DUE WEDNESDAY 11/28 @ 11:59pm(PST)**

Send me a PM or post here when payment is sent and I will update the tracking spreadsheet. As long as you get payment in by Wednesday, you’re guaranteed the tune of your choice whenever you’re ready to get started.

Paypal: [email protected]
Venmo: @pedramb

With payment, include your full name and if you are purchasing:
(1) SoCal Dyno Tune
(2) Remote Dyno Tune
(3) Remote Flash Tune

After payment, you CAN change the type of tune you get if you change your mind (i.e. sign up initially for Remote Dyno Tune but end up going the Remote Flash Tune route).

--Remote Flash Tune peeps—
You’ll be responsible for purchasing a galletto 1260 cable (link to one above) and let Matt know via PM or email when you’re ready for the tune. He’ll go over your mod list, what features you do/don’t want as part of the tune, etc.

--Remote Dyno Tune peeps—
You’ll be responsible for finding and rental local dyno time and coordinate a date/time that’ll work for you and Matt. PNW looks to have their own group so hopefully Tim Alfaro can help coordinate.

--SoCal Dyno Tune peeps—
It looks like we’re gonna have a group come down from NorCal. Mike Golliday if you can help coordinate or put someone in charge who can, that would be awesome. I’m sure December is probably booked for most folks so I’m thinking we do something in early Jan (maybe first or second Saturday?), which should give us all time to hammer down an official date with Matt+dyno shop, and get any mods/maintenance done before the big day. There are quite a few of us so depending on how many people officially sign up, we may need to break it up into two days/groups. Maybe S/C cars one day and N/A cars on another. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. We'll probably have a separate post to discuss logistics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi friends, in case anyone missed out I have purchased a tune from Matt a while ago but never got round to tune the car (sold meanwhile). If interested to purchase the tune, please mail for details (cant send Pms):

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi friends, in case anyone missed out I have purchased a tune from Matt a while ago but never got round to tune the car (sold meanwhile). If interested to purchase the tune, please mail for details (cant send Pms):

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts