BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I would like to say to both Brecus (Aaron) and Evolve (Raikku and Sal) a big thanks for supporting this board and their great customer service. My experience with both companies have been great.

EVOLVE
Today, Sal helped me installed the AlphaN + Power and I have been all smiles. Drove my beast for close to 100 miles in and out of traffic and on the open road without a glitch. The throttle response is amazing. Tomorrow I have an open road 300 mile round trip and I can provide further input. I will call you tomorrow Sal.

Brecus
Last month I purchase a Tubi exhaust from Brecus and I have to say Aaron's level of service is amazing. This sound is what I have been looking for. Funny story, I was driving from Houston to Austin the day after i picked up my car with the new exhaust. I caught up to another beast on the way and we cruised at 115mph for about 100 miles. Made one quick stop (wife needed bathroom break and I wanted some TX jerky). As I am paying, a kid comes up to me and says, "Sir your car is on fire." I freaked out and run out the door. A large amount of smoke was coming from behind the car. A sigh of relief....the exhaust was breaking in, no fire just smoke. Wife said she had never seen such level of concern in me, not even with the kids.

Special Thanks,
MikeS from Dallas. Thanks for you candid comments regarding Evolve. I believe I made the right decision and it is thanks to members such as yourself. You were quick to reply to my Pm's and I appreciate it.

To all the members who gave me input on my exhaust selection. Again, you guys focused on what I was looking for and gave me suggestions based on my needs. (Sal - Thanks giving me props when I went with Tubi instead of Evolve exhaust...true gentleman)

To the members of this Board who keep it going day after day...I am not on Facebook, but my wife says I don't need it...all my free time is spent on this board.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas,
Nef from Houston

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Thank you Nef for the kind words!

I can only imagine the smile on your face:D

With the Tubi you get a nice noise,with the remap a nice go!

Sorry we took you to the dark(means modding) side.....

So what is next?

Enjoy your best,

Raikku

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Did you really think you were going to keep your car stock being on this forum? ;)

Reactions: freakshoww

·
Registered
797 Posts
Glad to hear your comments. I'll probably be going down the same road soon. I'm curious why you chose the Tubi exhaust over a muffler delete though. I'm leaning toward doing the muffler delete but I really like my neighbors and work nights so I'm waffling over how loud is too loud.

thx

dj

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious why you chose the Tubi exhaust over a muffler delete though.
Fell in love with the way Tubi sounded and looked. I live in the suburbs and have a lot of neighbors. All of the guys have given me positive comments on the way it sounds. Also, the Beast is my daily driver and a lot of my clients like for me to drive (it's entertaining). I needed a sound that was in between loud and stock. One thing pertaining to the Tubi; within the first few miles their is minimal difference in loudness from the stock exhaust (sound is different). But give them 500 miles and the sound comes to life.

You cant go wrong with them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Evolve website

How do you purchase the evolve goodies? I went to their website and it says that the e39 M5 stuff is still under development (at least for the USA). In the meantime, would race cats (does evolve sell their version?) be necessary to pair with headers, tune, exhaust and CAI for best results?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
We are still a bit in the development of the LHD headers,as we will sell a very interesting modular system(not allowed to tell more:D)
By the end of January the test phase should be completed and then the production starts.

Full LHD packages(in different stages) will be available then with headers,race cats,exhausts,CAI,tune....as well as all the individual components for modular upgrades.
Sal's car does at the moment the test miles for the last final n/a stage we have,mine,which is the final n/a stage gets the engine ready until February.

We do not want to throw upgrades on the market,that were not thoroughly tested on our own S62s...
This is what makes things taking time...
I know it has been a while since we started!

Let me quick explain the philosophy:

We want to give fellow enthusiasts a top quality product with fair pricing!
This is what we owe us and the community!
Long term satisfaction in a product is way more worth than just quick dollars,isn't it?

If anyone has specific questions about our products,do not hesitate to contact me via pm or email: [email protected]

Thanks,

Raikku

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Raikku.
When are you thinking we will do my Alpha-N tune?
Thanks
Jason
There one remap this week still,then afterwards one more(around Christmas regarding shipping time) and then I have you booked in!So we are in the week between Christmas and New Year for your tune!

Cheers,

Raikku

1 - 12 of 12 Posts