BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
So iv put a deposit on a 2013 Audi RS5

Anyone wana convince me to keep my M6?
Congrats.

Well, M6/M5 = V10! The best engine BMW have and will ever make. If both these cars drove past me, guess which one I'll hear first and think about all day long ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMW V10= poor reliability

This car has been nothing but s nightmare. Rod bearing, vanos system, faulty injectors, throttle actuators, non stop fault codes the list goes on.
Sorry but iv seen Better reliable engines from Kia for god sake lol
This engine should have never been built.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't disagree. But also it's just part of owning something special.i love knowing I've replaced something because it'll last me another xxx miles.

I'm now on 75k about to get a supercharger on in the next few weeks. Replaced vanos, rod bearings, ionic modules, sparks, coils, etc. you name it.

Enjoy your new car sir! All in good health.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Rs5 is a boring car I have used it for a week,,definitely not going to buy it what so ever.
M5 is the king of road .
I have Eisenmann race section 3 ,,supersprint straight pipe section 1 plus tuned xpipe section 2 also from supersprints
I think you have to try the Audi first.( not a fun car ).

Thank you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
VW and Audi performance models do seem to flip-flop in nature between hooligans and cruisers. Try it first, see which it is...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

This car has been nothing but s nightmare. Rod bearing, vanos system, faulty injectors, throttle actuators, non stop fault codes the list goes on.
Everything you mentioned are known maintenance items. If you take care of them then the engine lasts a long time, troublefree. I did the above proactively and have no complaints.

But yeah it's not a kia, nor it's meant to be one.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Great you’ve got maybe a reliable engine
Now you just got the SMG to worry about lol

Which is why I picked up a 6MT...with that said, I am now replacing my clutch after driving 139,000+ on my OEM clutch.

Sorry you had a poor experience with the s85. Many of us long time owners have had the opposite experience.

Scared owners of s85s make poor (pun intended) owners of s85s, as you inherited the problems of your previous owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bet he is back in a BMW in 6 months, Audis are such boring *** cars to drive! Why not get a V8 M6 instead or are the RS' cheaper over there?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah not really

To be honest it’s mainly the reliability issue.
I have to drive m6 12 hours to where I’m picking the RS5 up from and im **** scared it’s going to break down

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Nah not really

To be honest it’s mainly the reliability issue.
I have to drive m6 12 hours to where I’m picking the RS5 up from and im **** scared it’s going to break down
If it’s a daily driver I’d say you made the right choice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you want reliability then yeah, let someone with different interests take the M6 off your hands. Camry's are nice too, maybe get a Honda, I hear they're nice a reliable.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Why Audi, I would have thought an F10 or F12 M car would be more an improvement in preformance?

You will regret it, I did the same with an RS6, good torque but pretty characterless. Went back to the V10, but now moving to the M5 F10.....see other thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My M6 has been a dream, just had to buy it off of someone who blew the engine and transmission already. I can't imagine going through what he went through. Good luck

·
Registered
939 Posts

You want us to convince you to keep your M6 after this post?
When did Kia made a 500HP race-bred V10?
Plus, you seem to be missing the relationship between performance and reliability. And if you think Audi is a reliable car, then you are in for a rude awakening.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
TexaZ3
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing