BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have around 1,900 dollars to spend and want a good exhaust i know thats not too much to money to buy an exhaust for our cars but i think i might be able to get a supersprint with that money i think....with the supersprint how much louder will it be than stock.....a loud exhaust would not bother me..probably better..please tell me your expierences and opinios on the supersprint exhaust and please feel free to add some more options

Thanks,
Julian

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have around 1,900 dollars to spend and want a good exhaust i know thats not too much to money to buy an exhaust for our cars but i think i might be able to get a supersprint with that money i think....with the supersprint how much louder will it be than stock.....a loud exhaust would not bother me..probably better..please tell me your expierences and opinios on the supersprint exhaust and please feel free to add some more options

Thanks,
Julian
Hey Julian,

Check out youtube for different vids of exhaust. I've seen & heard Eisenmann, Supersprint, Dinan, etc. I'm also trying to decide what to get.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!!ill get on it right away i hope supersprint is a lot louder than stock

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm just gonna suck it up and save for the ASR Exhaust - it sounds awesome

·
Registered
728 Posts
supersprint race isnt that much louder than stock. if louder is better for you than you should go with some other brand.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Supersprint and Dinan are softer exhausts...Eisenmann much louder. Also, if you want louder sound, add Supersprint X pipes (less than $1000)

Def. check out youtube they have great sound clips on all these exhausts.

·
Registered
728 Posts
i have ss xpipes with ss race and it really isnt too loud. ii can still drive around with the wife and newborn and it dosent bother them.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
thanks!!ill get on it right away i hope supersprint is a lot louder than stock

I have the SS X pipes and Race muffs, definitely louder than stock....sounds good too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
t bone do you have non res? do you notice any rasp at all? i think i do just a little. or is it all in my mind?! lol

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
t bone do you have non res? do you notice any rasp at all? i think i do just a little. or is it all in my mind?! lol

no resonator and no rattle. Just V10 glory. My neighbor, a board stalker, has Dinan and it is slightly louder at idle.

I love downshifting to 1st gear downtown, show the Yuppies, Waas Up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
well i got the AA for a good price so am gonna stick with it. looking at videos on youtube, although not the most reliable source, i personally think it has a great tone (what i am looking for atleast). to each his own though, ofcourse

·
Registered
728 Posts
i thought i read on another thread that a boardmember actually lost torque @ midrange due to loss of backpressure with AA?

·
Registered
682 Posts
You loose back pressue with AA when you also install headers and your basic outcome is straight pipes with that set up.. AA with stock headers is perfect no backpressure problem and I personally felt a gain on bottom end when I put the AA on with stock headers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rab dog is right I dynoed the AA exhaust and gained 10rwhp 10rwtq. Dropping the car off tomm to get my stock exhaust put back on:grrrrr:. Hopefully evosport will have thier m6 fitments done soon. Will do evo sect 1 and 2 and most likely dinan mufflers. or maybe evo race if they can get it out soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just had the dinan exhaust after researching clips and hearing my friends dinan exhaust (with evosport headers). Less drone at idle than with headers, but still more low-end grumble than stock. Great pitch at high rpms. Peace of mind knowing there wont be any issues with warranty. Well worth it as far as cosmesis goes...

Gordon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts