BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The original clutches in the early Gallardos often had some issues. My car has 5000 miles on it now and its 30% worn. Some people blew them at 2k miles. Once you replace the OEM piece of cheese they last about 15-20k miles. It ain't a Camry, but like the M5 its worth it!

·
Registered
663 Posts
The original clutches in the early Gallardos often had some issues. My car has 5000 miles on it now and its 30% worn. Some people blew them at 2k miles. Once you replace the OEM piece of cheese they last about 15-20k miles. It ain't a Camry, but like the M5 its worth it!
That just seems ridiculous, I know the shifts are probably faster and more violent (read fun!) than a manual but that is such a short service life. The E39's clutch has been claimed to not be as strong as it needed to be but there are quite a few members with over 100k on the orginal clutch.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Planning to make my stable just like yours! Are you up on Lambo Talk?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well done my friend well worth the dream and worth the 8,500rpm red line.

I bought a 04 6 speed and sold it 3+ years ago as I just didn't use it much.

I had an Kreissieg Exhaust on it (amazing) and a flexing right foot it was a blast to run through the gears.

In this vid there was no exhaust so vid is only telling 10% of the real feel/sound that rips through your spine and brain.
Enjoy the car its great.

It will hold a place in my mind forever.

I was lucky enough to be the first person to complete a FIA approved race in the Gallardo in the 2005 Targa Tasmania.

The best thing I've ever done by far, amazing experience ranging around Tasmania at full noise in a AUD$400,000 car with he roads locked off.

Also doa www.youtube.com search for Targa Tasmainia Gallardo and you will have some idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYsxA9UetYY

Apples

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well done my friend well worth the dream and worth the 8,500rpm red line.

I bought a 04 6 speed and sold it 3+ years ago as I just didn't use it much.

I had an Kreissieg Exhaust on it (amazing) and a flexing right foot it was a blast to run through the gears.

In this vid there was no exhaust so vid is only telling 10% of the real feel/sound that rips through your spine and brain.
Enjoy the car its great.

It will hold a place in my mind forever.

I was lucky enough to be the first person to complete a FIA approved race in the Gallardo in the 2005 Targa Tasmania.

The best thing I've ever done by far, amazing experience ranging around Tasmania at full noise in a AUD$400,000 car with he roads locked off.

Also doa www.youtube.com search for Targa Tasmainia Gallardo and you will have some idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYsxA9UetYY

Apples
Thanks Apples! Sad to hear you let her go, but that Ford GT will do just fine :wink

Yes I'm on Lamborghini talk. I've put 1000 miles on her in 3 weeks, totally obsessed. Regarding speed it is WAY faster than the M5. The pull is at a different level. I'm sure a S/C on the E39 could humble her though.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
actually the reason the early gallardo's had clutch issues is because they were not getting all the air out of the e gear system at the factory. Lambo revised the e gear bleed sequence and clutch longevity was improved. Also it depends how you drive it do not use auto mode and lc will put wear on the clutch i would pop it in neutral at red lights, stop and go traffic these are what puts wear on the clutch also have a tech adjust the pis value to superlaggera or even more aggressive as this will extend the life of the clutch cause it engages quicker but you need some one who knows how to use lara and ldas . If its set to aggressive you will be cursing me out so you will have to drive it and find where you like it and have him adjust plus or minus on the pis values. Also there is a screen on the oil tank feed i would remove it and clean it there is also a screen on the transmission that should be checked and cleaned. Also keep an eye on you oil level they eat oil and i would not fill it to the top level marker when hot i would keep it in between the max and min mark. Also if you want a good parts hook up call matrin soto at newport beach lambo tell him george from m-chanics sent you hes a great dude with the best prices in the country feel free to contact me with any questions as i specialize in bmws and lambos

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats! Definitely an inspiration for me to work harder. Got a link to your youtube channel? Would like to check it out!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Any updates Parker? I'm pretty sure your G was hit, I hope you got that all fixed and you have healed. Did you ever sell the M5? Both great cars.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts