BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious im really trying to decide if I should get the e92 m3 or the f10 M5. The two are such beautiful cars and I'm thinking M5 if the price is not overly rediculous.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope so to.. Since you have an M3 and are ordering a F10 550i M sport how are the difference in the cars performence. I like both cars but does the 550i M sport drive similar to the M3.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I really hope so to.. Since you have an M3 and are ordering a F10 550i M sport how are the difference in the cars performence. I like both cars but does the 550i M sport drive similar to the M3.
I have had the 550i M Sport now for 2040 miles, it delivers it's power from the bottom with huge torque, were as the M3 needed Revs to go.
The 550i is almost as quick in a straight line and through the gears IMO quicker. The 550i is much more luxurious and a great cruiser.
The 550i has the 8 speed box and can be used with the paddles, however the M3 has the M-DCT and can be set up to change gear much quicker.
If I had a choice of gear box it would be the M-DCT.
The 550i is more economical by about 3/4 miles per gallon driven normally. Personally I find in the UK the 550i easier to live with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the 550i M Sport now for 2040 miles, it delivers it's power from the bottom with huge torque, were as the M3 needed Revs to go.
The 550i is almost as quick in a straight line and through the gears IMO quicker. The 550i is much more luxurious and a great cruiser.
The 550i has the 8 speed box and can be used with the paddles, however the M3 has the M-DCT and can be set up to change gear much quicker.
If I had a choice of gear box it would be the M-DCT.
The 550i is more economical by about 3/4 miles per gallon driven normally. Personally I find in the UK the 550i easier to live with.
This is such a hard decision lol. If next year someone needs to get rid of thier F10 M5 really fast I'll see if they will let it go for $65,000. I really love both cars the M3 for the handling 550I for the comfort and power. I really hope the new M5 is the same price as the old one.

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is such a hard decision lol. If next year someone needs to get rid of thier F10 M5 really fast I'll see if they will let it go for $65,000. I really love both cars the M3 for the handling 550I for the comfort and power. I really hope the new M5 is the same price as the old one.
If it is I will be first in line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts